Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

I've recently taken delivery of a 2012 Vellfire which has the nhba-x62g head unit. I want to swap this for an aftermarket head unit. 

I've got a Pioneer AVIC F77DAB which I had in my old car which I'd like to use for now. 

Can anyone assist me in figuring out which adaptors I need to connect my Pioneer please? 

Pioneer... 

PXL_20240312_154155686.thumb.jpg.7f0b2669647eecb283f89d5cc0ecb060.jpg

Original head unit

PXL_20240312_151437137.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.9bbce64f90ab67daa7cf633bd30efa1a.jpg

2 hours ago, Steve81 said:

I've recently taken delivery of a 2012 Vellfire which has the nhba-x62g head unit. I want to swap this for an aftermarket head unit. 

I've got a Pioneer AVIC F77DAB which I had in my old car which I'd like to use for now. 

Can anyone assist me in figuring out which adaptors I need to connect my Pioneer please? 

Pioneer... 

PXL_20240312_154155686.thumb.jpg.7f0b2669647eecb283f89d5cc0ecb060.jpg

Original head unit

PXL_20240312_151437137.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.9bbce64f90ab67daa7cf633bd30efa1a.jpg

Hello Steve,

Welcome to the Forum.

• Like 1

You beat me to it! I'm a newbie too having just got my first Alphy (07 plate, 2.4l) and, short of learning Japanese, I'm also looking to swap out my head unit (NH3T-W56, which I think is a Panasonic unit).

The guy who supplied my Alphy (Steve at SBT Hobbies & Autos, Gosport) has been really helpful and assures me that he can get wiring harnesses to suit Pioneer Head Units, so he may be able to help you / me. What I'm really interested in is whether the existing reversing camera will work with a new Head unit. I somehow doubt it - but once again, any advice gratefully received.

2 hours ago, BilboJ said:

You beat me to it! I'm a newbie too having just got my first Alphy (07 plate, 2.4l) and, short of learning Japanese, I'm also looking to swap out my head unit (NH3T-W56, which I think is a Panasonic unit).

The guy who supplied my Alphy (Steve at SBT Hobbies & Autos, Gosport) has been really helpful and assures me that he can get wiring harnesses to suit Pioneer Head Units, so he may be able to help you / me. What I'm really interested in is whether the existing reversing camera will work with a new Head unit. I somehow doubt it - but once again, any advice gratefully received.

Hello Bill,

Welcome to the Forum.

Why not ask Steve about the reversing camera?

23 hours ago, Steve81 said:

There's possibly no plug and play solution but if your handy with electrics you could start with one of these but be prepared to cut and solder where needed:

https://uk.vicedeal.com/products/16-pin-for-toyota-iso-wiring-harness-car-radio-adaptor-connector-wire-plug-kit

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all replies. Having completley failed to interst ANYBODY in fitting this for me, I've concluded it's gonna have to be DIY.

So... in good Systems Engineering fashion, rather than just buying looms and stuff, plugging 'em together and seeing if they work, I'll start by mapping out all the interfaces: does anybody out there have any diagrams for the rear of the NH3T-W56 Head unit - specifically the pin outs on each of the connectors?

I've had a trawl online but can't find anything. (I can't be the first to encounter this problem....)

On 3/27/2024 at 7:01 PM, BilboJ said:

Thanks for all replies. Having completley failed to interst ANYBODY in fitting this for me, I've concluded it's gonna have to be DIY.

So... in good Systems Engineering fashion, rather than just buying looms and stuff, plugging 'em together and seeing if they work, I'll start by mapping out all the interfaces: does anybody out there have any diagrams for the rear of the NH3T-W56 Head unit - specifically the pin outs on each of the connectors?

I've had a trawl online but can't find anything. (I can't be the first to encounter this problem....)

Hi, I believe @Chris.ac might be able to help you with access to an online platform for this. Can you send a pic with the back of your pioneer?

You should probably post in the 10 series section of the forum.

Some people there have copies of the wiring diagram books

Online resource is there too, it's in Japanese, but anyone with the will to use Google translate can convert the pdf diagrams to English.

• Like 1