Jump to content
Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Reverse camera guidelines


Recommended Posts

Hi! Did anyone managed to synchronise the reverse camera's guidelines to match the spinning of the steering wheel?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sorin said:

Hi! Did anyone managed to synchronise the reverse camera's guidelines to match the spinning of the steering wheel?

 

Have you fitted a new head unit ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I bought the car with an android, is a 2012 2.4l petrol vellfire. Is it working with the original headunit?

Edited by Sorin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It really depends on your headunit.

Steering angle is transmitted over the canbus, so on the more expensive android units that have a canbus input and the right software - they can use this to draw guidelines

Edited by Chris.ac
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Chris.ac said:

It really depends on your headunit.

Steering angle is transmitted over the canbus, so on the more expensive android units that have a canbus input and the right software - they can use this to draw guidelines

I do have a headunit(Xtrons) that has a canbus I/O, next question is on what can line should I tap?

20240313_095001.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Sorin your loom was butchered, so I'm no help there as the original connectors are long gone, but if you look at the diagrams, you will see there are dozens of places to pick up the can wires.

You could even buy a obd² port splitter and use the wires from there.

 

It's academic at this point, because I'm not familiar with that headunit and if it has the ability to render lines from steering angle data

Edited by Chris.ac
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Chris.ac said:

@Sorin your loom was butchered, so I'm no help there as the original connectors are long gone, but if you look at the diagrams, you will see there are dozens of places to pick up the can wires.

You could even buy a obd² port splitter and use the wires from there.

 

It's academic at this point, because I'm not familiar with that headunit and if it has the ability to render lines from steering angle data

Butchered is the appropriate adjective for my wires!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you have the ETC unit still in the little coin holder to right of steering wheel, it has can wires on it.

( As well as a handy switched live and illumination wire)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chris.ac said:

If you have the ETC unit still in the little coin holder to right of steering wheel, it has can wires on it.

( As well as a handy switched live and illumination wire)

I do not know what the ETC unit is, but I don't think so. Sorry!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sorin said:

I do not know what the ETC unit is, but I don't think so. Sorry!

 

Electronic Toll System.

 

It looks like a mini-disc to the right, lower than the steering wheel.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rojie said:

 

Electronic Toll System.

 

It looks like a mini-disc to the right, lower than the steering wheel.

 

I have found that disconnected,  in my glove compartment.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sorin said:

I have found that disconnected,  in my glove compartment.  

 

What, leaving a big opening in your dash ?

 

It is unnecessary, and would not be needed in the UK; but you have been left with a hole in your dash panel ?

 

Have you just bought this vehicle ?

Privately,  or from a business ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Rojie said:

 

What, leaving a big opening in your dash ?

 

It is unnecessary, and would not be needed in the UK; but you have been left with a hole in your dash panel ?

 

Have you just bought this vehicle ?

Privately,  or from a business ?

I have no holes in may dash, I will pot some pics!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry. I have an earlier model; and foolishly described the ETC position in that, thinking it would be the same in your model.

 

That module does not resemble the ETC I have; but again it could be a newer version.

 

I assume the coin holder Chris.ac mentions is below those switches in your photo, or behind your phone.

 

As ever, many Alphies/Vellfires are modified by their former Japanese owners.

Some do them well, others don't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rojie said:

Sorry. I have an earlier model; and foolishly described the ETC position in that, thinking it would be the same in your model.

 

That module does not resemble the ETC I have; but again it could be a newer version.

 

I assume the coin holder Chris.ac mentions is below those switches in your photo, or behind your phone.

 

As ever, many Alphies/Vellfires are modified by their former Japanese owners.

Some do them well, others don't.

Behind the phone holder is the air vent and below the buttons is a small compartment!

17109302774619202947648207785648.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sorin said:

Behind the phone holder is the air vent and below the buttons is a small compartment!

17109302774619202947648207785648.jpg

 

That could be the ETC above the fold out draw.

 

Does the ETC fit in there, or is an ETC already present.

Almost looks like a detent (for a finger) to allow the ETC to be withdrawn.

 

Just a slot to take a card !

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah, you had a model that did not have the full navi system installed.

So your etc module was aftermarket fitted.

 

Still, the actual wiring may still exist in the official position in the coin holder location.

Check behind that trim.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.