Jump to content
Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

New owner and member needs some advice


Recommended Posts

Hi,

I've just taken delivery of newly imported 2010 Vellfire H20Z Platinum and had a rear camper conversion.

Can someone please point me in the direction of where the jack and tools are stored as don't read Japanese.

English handbook etc. on order.

Regards,

Gary

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mandacampa said:

Hi,

I've just taken delivery of newly imported 2010 Vellfire H20Z Platinum and had a rear camper conversion.

Can someone please point me in the direction of where the jack and tools are stored as don't read Japanese.

English handbook etc. on order.

Regards,

Gary

 

Ah.

 

On the Gen 1 there is a 'cubby hole' on the near side between rear wheel and tailgate.

 

I don't know of the Gen 2.

 

Depending on what, and how, the conversion has been fitted; access to the area may not be possible.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a cubby hole on your left as you look in the boot. There will be an indent in it to pull it out. Jack and things in there. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, kully said:

There is a cubby hole on your left as you look in the boot. There will be an indent in it to pull it out. Jack and things in there. 

Cheers for the response.

I guess this has been covered over by the rear kitchen conversion then.

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Mandacampa said:

Cheers for the response.

I guess this has been covered over by the rear kitchen conversion then.

Thanks.

 

Well, you need to look. On mine the cover was louvered..

I have access to the space, you may too, although I no longer have the cover in place.

I use the space for 'soft' stowage.

 

I feel sure that the convertor would have, should have, removed the tools during conversion if access is restricted.

 

I don't store the tools in there as it is quite awkward with my rear conversion.

 

One of the challenges with Alphie conversion is that as the vehicle is so quiet rattles become very annoying.

A key new skill to acquire is how to stow all the paraphernalia without an orchestrated cacophony as you drive leisurely around.!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mine now sits in the big void under the passenger seat, though I have an AH10 (Series 1).

 

Not sure if it's similar on the AH20, but on mine the bolt to lower the spare wheel is under the lower boot trim panel (the one that surrounds the boot catch).  I'm not sure if it was always there or the converter (New Dawn I think it was) relocated it.  I remember having paranoia about it (having a spare and not being able to lower it) and ended up figuring it out.

 

I don't much trust the spare (its probably now as old as the car and needs replacing), so have opted for goo and a pump instead, though good to know it's accessible in a full blown emergency!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Paul raises a very good point regarding access to the spare wheel.

 

Again, depending on the conversion, and the professionalism of the convertor, access can become tricky.

I have seen conversions where there is no access 1!!

 

You need to check, just in case access is impeded you could take action now before it may become necessary !

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mandacampa said:

Ah thankyou.

I've ordered a UK manual so hopefully no more daft questions when it arrives.

Cheers

 

They are not daft questions.

None of us know about Alphies and Veliies until we became an owner !

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/24/2024 at 8:48 AM, Rojie said:

 

Well, you need to look. On mine the cover was louvered..

I have access to the space, you may too, although I no longer have the cover in place.

I use the space for 'soft' stowage.

 

I feel sure that the convertor would have, should have, removed the tools during conversion if access is restricted.

 

I don't store the tools in there as it is quite awkward with my rear conversion.

 

One of the challenges with Alphie conversion is that as the vehicle is so quiet rattles become very annoying.

A key new skill to acquire is how to stow all the paraphernalia without an orchestrated cacophony as you drive leisurely around.!

 

Great advice mate, thank you.

There's an access panel on the conversion to get to the jack/tool storage panel and as you said very awkward.

So I've done the same and removed them, wrapped them and now stored under the rear conversion seating.

Also the spare wheel carriage has been converted to a single 19mm nyloc nut on the bottom of the carriage to drop it down from the underside.

Thanks again, Gary

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.