Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Sleeping in an unconverted Alphard G

Hello lovely Alphard owners, we recently switched from being Bongonaughts to proud owners of Aphrodite and slept in her for the first time this weekend. My hubby is 6'3 and as she is unconverted we had loads of room. We didn't spin the first set of seats and the space and sturdiness was great.

However  how uncomfortable? We used to use sleeping bags under a fitted mattress protector and sheet in the Bongo , I forgot the sleeping bags and the seats are v lumpy .....I've searched this forum ( I'm a newbie) anyone got recommendations for easily stored comfy sleeping? Thank you in advance.

Hi, Im also a former Bongonaut & now in our Alphard we turn the middle seats around & fill the v dip of the middle seats with a pillow each side & put a memory foam mattress topper over the top of the seats. Sleep with feet towards the back door. Very comfortable for us although I'm a short 5ft 4ins.

The mattress topper is quite bulky but fits nicely folded in half in the gap between the front & turned middle seats when stored away during the day. Hope this helps.

12 hours ago, vikingeric said:

Hi, Im also a former Bongonaut & now in our Alphard we turn the middle seats around & fill the v dip of the middle seats with a pillow each side & put a memory foam mattress topper over the top of the seats. Sleep with feet towards the back door. Very comfortable for us although I'm a short 5ft 4ins.

The mattress topper is quite bulky but fits nicely folded in half in the gap between the front & turned middle seats when stored away during the day. Hope this helps.

This is really helpful thank you Vikingeric I'm 5'4 too so we are like little and large 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

We have bought a thick mattress topper and I've spun the first row of seats....first festival on the bank holiday 4 night sleep in....if it's any good I'll share 🙂 thanks for being super helpful 

On 5/14/2024 at 6:55 AM, MelsBells74 said:

We have bought a thick mattress topper and I've spun the first row of seats....first festival on the bank holiday 4 night sleep in....if it's any good I'll share 🙂 thanks for being super helpful 

Update.....our friend has given us two single self inflating mattresses to go under the topper so we have princess and the pea options😂😂😂...first night out tomorrow 🤞🏻

• Like 1