Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Vellfire 2.5 or 3.5? Which year/model is best?...

Hi,

I'm on the verge of taking the plunge to buy an imported Vellfire.

We've got 3 x kids under 6 and the constant 3 x car seat problems are driving me absolutely berserk. Our daily driver is a Toyota Verso which is fine (with missus in the back), but our regular longer journeys across to Ireland it's becoming untenable with all the bags/luggage, kids getting bigger, making more mess and wanting more entertainment etc. on the journeys. Adding a Vellfire would hopefully make the school run a little bit more palatable as well.

From looking online I think something 2012-2014 (petrol only) with probably the 3500cc engine, but willing to be convinced on the 2500cc.

I know that getting a longer/wider vehicle will cause us more issues in some respects re: parking, but joined hoping to get some hints and tips regarding the right version to buy for our situation.

Can anyone offer any advice re: going for this model of Alphard/Vellfire with the CVT auto gearbox versus previous version?

And also thoughts on the 3.5litre engine versus the 2.5 litre?

Considered an Estima as well but think the Vellfire looks much cooler overall!

2 hours ago, bluewhite82 said:

Hi,

I'm on the verge of taking the plunge to buy an imported Vellfire.

We've got 3 x kids under 6 and the constant 3 x car seat problems are driving me absolutely berserk. Our daily driver is a Toyota Verso which is fine (with missus in the back), but our regular longer journeys across to Ireland it's becoming untenable with all the bags/luggage, kids getting bigger, making more mess and wanting more entertainment etc. on the journeys. Adding a Vellfire would hopefully make the school run a little bit more palatable as well.

From looking online I think something 2012-2014 (petrol only) with probably the 3500cc engine, but willing to be convinced on the 2500cc.

I know that getting a longer/wider vehicle will cause us more issues in some respects re: parking, but joined hoping to get some hints and tips regarding the right version to buy for our situation.

Can anyone offer any advice re: going for this model of Alphard/Vellfire with the CVT auto gearbox versus previous version?

And also thoughts on the 3.5litre engine versus the 2.5 litre?

Considered an Estima as well but think the Vellfire looks much cooler overall!

Hello Russel,

Welcome to the Forum.

With 3 young children you need to ensure that ISOFIX is available in the seating.

I don't know whether it is, or isn't, on the Gen 2 models.

I think the V6 is a conventional auto gearbox, whereas the 2,5 is CVT.

10 hours ago, Rojie said:

Hello Russel,

Welcome to the Forum.

With 3 young children you need to ensure that ISOFIX is available in the seating.

I don't know whether it is, or isn't, on the Gen 2 models.

I think the V6 is a conventional auto gearbox, whereas the 2,5 is CVT.

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm sure 2nd row both have isofix but my eldest can plug her seatbelt in herself so not an issue in back row necessarily.

That'd be great news re: non CVT auto gearbox on the 3.5 engine, can anybody confirm this?

Regards