Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Toyota Vellfire is still in Japanese

Hello all, 

I recently purchased a Toyota Vellfire and have since had a couple of minor issues! 

Firstly, the car is still completely Japanese, I have a lady who talks to me in Japanese and the entire dashboard,map and radio/TV monitor are in Japanese. Because of this is haven't got much of a clue how to do anything 🤣 I am able to turn on the radio and dvd player, this is just from trial and error! 

Secondly, we are only able to get radio 2! I'm not sure if this is an issue with the radio antenna (I can't find one) but when searching the radio numbers it doesn't seem to search far enough for any other station. 

If anyone is able to offer any suggestions I'd be really thankfull, I've asked a couple of garages and halfords but no luck so far!

Thank you for reading, Georgina x

Hello Georgina the radio needs a radio expander fitted to get uk stations or you can have a aftermarket radio fitted sorry to say there is nothing you can do about the japanese lady unless you change the radio 

Just now, Picasso said:

Hello Georgina the radio needs a radio expander fitted to get uk stations or you can have a aftermarket radio fitted sorry to say there is nothing you can do about the japanese lady unless you change the radio 

Hi Picasso, 

That's fine I don't mind the lady-she sounds very polite 😂

I'm honestly awful at cars, can you explain to me in super basic terms what you mean by aftermarket radio please? I've never heard of a radio expander, I am googling these now!

I had wondered about changing the radio entirely, but the dvd slot is behind the screen (I press a button and the screen moves out to allow a dvd to be put in) so I'm unsure if there is another one that would be suitable 

6 minutes ago, Picasso said:

Can you attach a photo of what your radio looks like in your dash 

I have just attached a video as well as a photo, as you can see there are random bits of English but almost all is in Japanese xx

PXL_20240705_194537577.jpg

PXL_20240705_194542834.jpg

Im not sure if my video is playing for you as it isn't for me, please let me know either way 

22 minutes ago, Picasso said:

Can you attach a photo of what your radio looks like in your dash 

I have just attached a video as well as a photo, as you can see there are random bits of English but almost all is in Japanese xx