Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Toyota Alphard 2006 u240e wiring diagram for ecu needed

hi and hello everyone could you guys kindly help a new owner of a 2006 alphard its coming up with the usual p0717 code even after the sensor has been replaced goes into 4th gear but than stops as soon as code reappears within short drive, I have a technician ready to look at it but need wiring diagram etc to help could anyone help in getting this back on the road?

vin is ANH100145571

I think @FrenchDJ could help you.

Note, the transmission control is also done by the engine control ECU.

Is it possible the wrong sensor was replaced? The input and output sensors are identical so this is quite possible. Regardless, try swapping input and output sensors. If the problem is in the sensor, then an output shaft sensor DTC should be flagged. e.g. P0722. If it doesn't the problem is in the wiring harness or contact corrosion perhaps. Pray it isn't in the ECM itself!

Hello Shabir,

I can supply diagrams for you, scanned and translated from the Japanese wiring diagram.   This is over 400 pages long so you need to help me select the correct sub set.

Perhaps you could email me at  david at french.me.uk

11 hours ago, Geralt said:

I think @FrenchDJ could help you.

Note, the transmission control is also done by the engine control ECU.

Is it possible the wrong sensor was replaced? The input and output sensors are identical so this is quite possible. Regardless, try swapping input and output sensors. If the problem is in the sensor, then an output shaft sensor DTC should be flagged. e.g. P0722. If it doesn't the problem is in the wiring harness or contact corrosion perhaps. Pray it isn't in the ECM itself!

ok will try that your quite knowledgeable if its the ecu am i done for ! ? or can these be programmed in etc. 

9 hours ago, FrenchDJ said:

Hello Shabir,

I can supply diagrams for you, scanned and translated from the Japanese wiring diagram.   This is over 400 pages long so you need to help me select the correct sub set.

Perhaps you could email me at  david at french.me.uk

thanks mate sent email and will ask the sparky which part he needs etc .

On 7/7/2024 at 10:00 PM, sumotors said:

or can these be programmed in etc. 

Apart from the expense of a new ECU, I suspect it does need to be programmed. It's finding out who or how that is the problem. Let us know if you find out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2024 at 4:04 AM, sumotors said:

…with the usual p0717 code even after the sensor has been replaced…

I have the same error code, where did you get the replacement sensor? 

Does it need the garage to replace it?

I’d love to hear any other feedback or tips on your repair.