Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Im looking on rewiring my dashcam. I dont want piggy back fuses and at the moment the wiring goes to the back of the sound system

Does anyone know of a 12v continuous live and a 12v ignition feed in the footwells.

And while I was looking I found a very handy tool for anyone who is working on a ramp and needs to start the car.

PXL_20240719_131828628.jpg

Hello any hard wiring of a dashcam with out telling your insurance company can invalidate your insurance policy as its classed as a modification and insurance company can use this to cancel your claim if you have a accident.

27 minutes ago, Picasso said:

Hello any hard wiring of a dashcam with out telling your insurance company can invalidate your insurance policy as its classed as a modification and insurance company can use this to cancel your claim if you have a accident.

If that is the case then every Alphard and Vellfire in the UK has invalid insurance, cause every one has been modified to get through an MOT by having a fog light fitted. I think you will find small electrical fittings do not count as modification, otherwise nobody could fit dashcams, usb chargers, tyre pressure monitors and the like

true what you say there bit fog lamps are fitted as legal requirement also been a lot in the news lately about about modifications i was asked when i took out my insurance did i have a dash cam they wanted to know if hard wired if it was they wanted proof was it fitted by aproved installer . as you know insurance companys will do what ever they can to get out of paying out.

My insurance give me a discount for having one fitted, so if they think im gonna pay for somebody to fit it, they can take a long walk. I dont think there is an Alphard or Vellfire the same as original spec in the country, they all seem to be different.

As to approved installer, anybody who knows a bit of common sense can be an auto electrician. I dont think there is a degree in it that you have to have, its like being a mechanic, if you can pick up a wrench, you qualify