Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX Γ—

MNH15 -03 child seat tether points?

Greetings from Finland, I'm about to purchase low milage Alphard for a "family van" and one thing which I've not been clarified yet is that where anchor straps for childs seat could be fastened, is there some ready location available as I've not found such. Any help would be much appreciated! Changing seat is not an option πŸ˜…

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JayEll said:

Greetings from Finland, I'm about to purchase low mileage Alphard for a "family van" and one thing which I've not been clarified yet is that where anchor straps for child's seat could be fastened, is there some ready location available as I've not found such. Any help would be much appreciated! Changing seat is not an option πŸ˜…

Β 

Hello Janne,

Β 

Greetings from England; and welcome to the Forum.

I have a 2006 V6 G model. The middle row of seats have the Isofix label on. The passenger front & back row seats don't. These are high end luxury 8 seater vehicles...if they didn't have child seat options they could kiss goodbye to a huge section of the market. I would do a quick search on this however because some child seats seem to fit & some don't...you might want to check if yours does. There are posts on some forums regarding this.

Edited by SupaDave
  • Like 1

I have a 2003 model and the anchor points are buried at the back of the seat squab, there is a label stating isofix but as already said some child seats do not fit

Posted (edited)

Many thanks for replies. I'm aware of the isofix anchors but that was not what I meant, probably my question was not clear enough. 😊

So our seat is Besafe Stretch which will be fastened to the car with cars own 3 point seat belt AND 2 pcs of anchor straps for which I needed the anchoring points.

Β 

However I happened to find from besafe youtube channel an installation example in which separate anchor lines are routed under the seat and besafe is then connected to these straps, this installation was made for front seat but basically it should be possible for other seat positions as well. Is there any space under the middle row seat. Strap itself needs just ~0,5cm or so.

Β 

In case my explanation still is not clear, here's the installation video clarifying above text πŸ˜… Important part 0:30->1:10

https://youtu.be/KAWYwigleVw?si=XUI1GMbd50-Kv1oy

Edited by JayEll

Went for another test drive and tested installation of Besafe in real life. It seems that the easiest way is to route tether straps under/around the rivers seat "base", as I understans this is metal and well bolted to the car itself. So I'd say this item is "closed" πŸ˜…