Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Ok, so the tesla style unit is working  well, and the 18 speaker system sounds ok at low/moderate volumes, but despite that factory sub, not so good when you push it. I was going to upgrade the six main door and rear body speakers for beefier 2 ways, but any ideas on subs and placement? I can probably do 2 8" actives on the floor at the back, one each side, maybe?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi AV02 depending on your Budget and if you want to keep it looking stealth you can get some really good 6x9 Components up front to get you some good full Range i think you would be surprised especially if they are pushed with a good amp . Im guessing the 18 speaker system was more for the rear passengers and movies on a long drive? 

Were is the factory sub mounted, can you just run a better Sub in its place? We have a 6 speaker Vellfire so unsure were the sub is,  i ditched all the factory Audio for Aftermarket. 

Hi, and thanks so much for the reply. Yes, I was thinking 6 x 9 for the 4 main door ones too. I may start off doing this, and then see what it sounds like. You're absolutely right : the sound stage is much better in the back, as the kids keep telling me! Much like when I had my estima, swapping out the main door ones will make a works of difference. I'll post here about how it goes.

Highly recommend Sound Deadening and Sound Proofing it makes such a big difference on these Vehicles, the rear sliding doors are so thin there's not much cavity! 

Our system is totally Stealth except the Android so this limited me on some better options but i Squeezed 3-1/2s in the Dash and 6x9s in the front doors and it sounds miles better than the factory set up. Admittedly i have a 100rms feeding each door speaker so this is a fare bit over factory. 

Anyway if you are like us with kids in and out all the time and you don't want speakers kicked then good 6x9s will give you nice lows up front. 

I'll bear that in mind. Sounds like you have far more experience than I do. Small steps. I'll do just the fronts at first.

I think you will be surprised on the poor Quality of the front door speakers when you remove them, Nice 6x9 in your price range mounted on a 3/4 MDF spacer and a square of Sound deadening behind it will be a really nice upgrade.