Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Help with rock & roll bed

Hi, newbie here..

I have a manual rock and roll bed which is great except for putting it away. Pulling the loop up (I’m too short to pull it up!) and then trying to get it to slide back into place is hard when you’re on your own. Any tips or suggestions ?

TIA 

I find I need to give the edge of the bed a shove with my knees as I pull on the cord. This helps with the initial lift, and once it has been raised up a few inches it then easily pulls upright with the cord.

If you are finding it difficult to get it all the way back into position then the runners may need a bit of lubrication to help it to move freely. 

Hi, I had the same problem so I bought a lightweight pulley , attach one end to the bed frame where it lifts up ie seat back when in the upright position, and the other end to the frame of the pop top roof if you have one or the passenger grab handle. I bought this Mannesmann Rope Hoist <> BGS Kraftmann 180 KG Winch Puller 20 Meter GS CE TUV 4003315712930 | eBay but there are others available. What a difference, easy to pull bed up and aids lowering.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zinzandave said:

Hi, I had the same problem so I bought a lightweight pulley , attach one end to the bed frame where it lifts up ie seat back when in the upright position, and the other end to the frame of the pop top roof if you have one or the passenger grab handle. I bought this Mannesmann Rope Hoist <> BGS Kraftmann 180 KG Winch Puller 20 Meter GS CE TUV 4003315712930 | eBay but there are others available. What a difference, easy to pull bed up and aids lowering.

Hello Dave,

Welcome to the Forum.

The BEST way is to attach a small gas strut to the bed chassis/bed frame  unfortunately, you need someone who knows the procedure of fitting such a device, for instance does the bed assembly have a manufacturer's label attached did you purchase your vehicle from a professional source etc etc