Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Condensation & cold weather trips

Hi all,

we are having heating (gas) fitted to our van, with the intention this will extend our travel periods, and am interested to hear what peoples experiences are (if any) of condensation overnight during those colder months and what you have done to combat it.

I'm thinking if its a vile night, wet or very windy that the pop top may well be brought down (assume thats a good thing under those circs?)

Or am I worrying about nothing ?

TIA

Pritch

Hello,

We has gas heating and managed to squeeze in our last winter trip in December last year. it rained really bad but we left the top up with no problems. Heating turned down low and left on resulted in very little condensation. On the pop top we have a window at the front and mesh on both sides. I left the mesh sides ope a little bit to allow air to circulate and i think that helped. Once we got home and on the first dry day i popped the roof to allow it to dry fully.

• Like 1