Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Gold badges, do they mean anything?

Hi, I've noticed that some Alphards have gold badges, does this signify anything with the model or is it purely a cosmetic alteration? Also can anyone let me know what the difference between V and G are as I can't see anything that distinguishes them apart? 

Thanks, Sam

First off Sam I believe i'ts the grill my G has full chrome and the V has only top of grill chrome and the rest is colour of car.2.If you can tell me where I can get the gold emblems I would much appreciate I've looked everywhere with no luck stay safe Gordi.

• Thanks 1

Hi Gordi, thanks, that does make sense! I did see some gold badges for sale on ebay but they were very expensive, I believe around 300gbp for the set, I'm guessing it was just an option when the cars are bought new and doesn't signify anything to do with the model specs beyond looking different. 

Haha yeah, you would need to be at that price! I've not bought one yet but I'm looking at 3.0 2007 / 2008,I was quoted 1700 for lpg by a garage near me. I'm still waiting to sell my E55 before I can buy one and ebay is a bit of a nightmare when it comes to people messing you about! Does yours have lpg? 

YES Sam just been converted 97Ltr tank £1678.80 Inc vat. Look at Profess LPG they collect &deliver foc you just pay fuel.I had extras.Rust proof and waxoil underseal ignition coils,plugs. £2157.01.which includes full gas tank.(polish guys and know their stuff) so far so good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will bear them in mind when it comes to getting lpg fitted, I was advised by the local garage to run the car for a few months make sure the car was mechanically sound before making the lpg investment. From what I've heard the Alphard is a reliable beast so I hope to have no issues with any car I choose. Underseal seems to be an issue as apparently in Japan they don't use salt on the road like we do here so I'll need that doing as well I guess! Have you noticed any difference since fitting the lpg, does it affect the power? 

Definitely no loss of power as far as I can see could be my imagination but seems quieter i will stay on gas till empty as advised and see miles they fitted software so can adjust as necessary from their place over the net I'll let you know

I've just had a look online for the gold badges, there is an amazon seller in Japan and they have them listed at 9800 yen which is 60 odd quid but unfortunately the UK is outside the delivery range, maybe a quick message to the seller might get them to agree to post internationally? 

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

HIM Sam I'm back. Now converted to lpg. I went to Wales for initial check because I'm computer dumb. Now he's given me the lesson I can do the servicing remotely I drove on gas going and petrol back I averaged 21 on gas 24 petrol.(was hoping a bit more)speed 65. So if anyone is getting better I'd like to know bear in mind though 62p a ltr is better than £1.36. Take care Sam.Gordi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/1/2021 at 12:41 PM, Samalph said:

Hi, I've noticed that some Alphards have gold badges, does this signify anything with the model or is it purely a cosmetic alteration? Also can anyone let me know what the difference between V and G are as I can't see anything that distinguishes them apart? 

Thanks, Sam

Apart from some minor changes like the Grille, the V on the tailgate denotes supplied by an Independant dealership and the G is a Toyota owned dealership, but there are also MZ "G editions" but that is shown on the chassis number

• 4 months later...
On 9/8/2021 at 8:25 AM, Gordio21 said:

HIM Sam I'm back. Now converted to lpg. I went to Wales for initial check because I'm computer dumb. Now he's given me the lesson I can do the servicing remotely I drove on gas going and petrol back I averaged 21 on gas 24 petrol.(was hoping a bit more)speed 65. So if anyone is getting better I'd like to know bear in mind though 62p a ltr is better than £1.36. Take care Sam.Gordi

On 8/2/2021 at 4:37 PM, Samalph said:

I've just had a look online for the gold badges, there is an amazon seller in Japan and they have them listed at 9800 yen which is 60 odd quid but unfortunately the UK is outside the delivery range, maybe a quick message to the seller might get them to agree to post internationally? 

HI Sam after losing my account details I'm now back hope everything is OK with you. I don't know if you know what this is I've found a small push switch on the right side of trim just by the gas pedal and no clue what it does. It was found by accident and you wouldn't see unless you knew what it does. Any ideas. Regards Gordio

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/2/2021 at 2:45 PM, Gordio21 said:

YES Sam just been converted 97Ltr tank £1678.80 Inc vat. Look at Profess LPG they collect &deliver foc you just pay fuel.I had extras.Rust proof and waxoil underseal ignition coils,plugs. £2157.01.which includes full gas tank.(polish guys and know their stuff) so far so good.

Is yours 2.4L or 3.5L?

On 12/15/2021 at 5:16 PM, dezufo said:

Apart from some minor changes like the Grille, the V on the tailgate denotes supplied by an Independant dealership and the G is a Toyota owned dealership, but there are also MZ "G editions" but that is shown on the chassis number

I have a MZ G with gold badges; but I think that is a dealer option coincidence, not a 'specification' difference.