Skip to content

OBD fault code reading needed

Featured Replies

2008 ATH10W: After returning from pleasant drive in the rain yesterday, I turned into my driveway and then.... Warnings lights, loss of power, shuddering rear axle.

Limped into my garage. Talked to AI, because I don't have an OBD reader. Asked me to bridge pins 4 and 13 and look for a flash sequence to identify/clear the fault. No such luck. Plenty of flashing but no patterns to read. AI gave up. But I can't really, can I?

After bridging pins 4 &13, the engine warning light had gone when I turned on the ignition. The engine started. Whew. But when I moved the shift into D, warnings lights low power, shuddering rear axle. Mmmm.

So I would like to hear from anyone who has some time to offer advice.

PS There are 4 dash warning symbols when put in gear: red engine warning and three amber, 4WD VSC & Brake icon.... Thanks

Edited by Clivus
Additional information added.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...
Background Picker
Customize Layout

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.