Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

MZ-G EDITION

hey guys I have bought an mz-g edition recently and it doesn't have step carpet. the place i bought it of told me that it doesn't come with it on mz-g editions, but I don't believe that.. if anyone knows the answer to this please get back to me ASAP so i can possibly sort out something with the dealership I bought it off

Edited by charliec

No press stud mounts for the carpets...that one doesn't have step carpets.

I have the MZ V variant and it does, but I don't think it's that clear cut. There are many options with Japanese cars and I believe you can get many different combinations within the MZ G/V range.

Just like European cars when you can get leather seats/heated seats etc.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Picasso said:

Hello if you go on ebay put in matts for alphard there is a seller doing new carpets for the steps if you want ebay item no. I can get it for you 

Hey picasso, will they work with one that originally came without them?

I have step carpets in my MZ G.

There seems to be so many permutations on these vehicles.

My machine has other features I have not seen on any other models.

So perhaps mine has extra extras; the step carpets being one of them !

yeah i had a look and apparently they came as extras for only particular specifications, apparently you could only have a few optionals and you could never have everything. i found out that for example if you had the areo kit you couldnt get particular exterior packages and for the interior if you had the sunroofs you couldnt have something else etc etc

it is a shame though because the carpets are a lovely touch and i wish i did have them, im also thinking of getting some larger flashier alloys to really add to the look. im just not a fan of the standard ones...

if you have any suggestions i would love to hear some!

If you are going for alloys, do your research.

AND, tell your insurance company what you do.

There are internet tools to allow you to ensure you don't alter the rolling radius, which will change your odometer accuracy.

These tools also calculate changes to offsets and clearances within the wheelarch space.

Be careful, if you increase the ride height, as you may find you cannot enter car parks that have 2metre height restrictions.

It may not matter to you. It did to me. 2 metre barriers are common where I live in Torbay.

I did all this research when considering a Mazda Bongo (which are slightly taller than Alphards). An idea I abandoned.

I will check my steps and see if they are lit. I also have Alphard insignia on the rear bumper sill immediately at the bottom of the door hatch. I'll check to see if that lights too. although I doubt it.

Happy motoring.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rojie said:

If you are going for alloys, do your research.

AND, tell your insurance company what you do.

There are internet tools to allow you to ensure you don't alter the rolling radius, which will change your odometer accuracy.

These tools also calculate changes to offsets and clearances within the wheelarch space.

Be careful, if you increase the ride height, as you may find you cannot enter car parks that have 2metre height restrictions.

It may not matter to you. It did to me. 2 metre barriers are common where I live in Torbay.

I did all this research when considering a Mazda Bongo (which are slightly taller than Alphards). An idea I abandoned.

I will check my steps and see if they are lit. I also have Alphard insignia on the rear bumper sill immediately at the bottom of the door hatch. I'll check to see if that lights too. although I doubt it.

Happy motoring.

great thanks will have a look at all of that!

My Alphard is MZ G, the V variant.

The Odyssey Carpets are not as luxurious as the carpets I have seen fitted to Alphards.

Having said that, they are almost certainly more hard wearing.

They are also grooved which 'catches' the grit and dirt. An advantage for may, but not for me.

Finally, they are only available in three colours, so won't match your existing carpets.

The supplier can supply full ets for both seven and eight seat Alphards.

Maybe.

I personally, not the car, have been immobilsed, mainly in bed, for three weeks with a grossly swollen knee.

Trips to Doctors and Hositals is all I have managed so far.

I will do what I can

20 minutes ago, Rojie said:

Maybe.

I personally, not the car, have been immobilsed, mainly in bed, for three weeks with a grossly swollen knee.

Trips to Doctors and Hositals is all I have managed so far.

I will do what I can

ouch, im sorry to hear that. Get well soon and no pressure whatsoever 

@Rojie that interior looks stunning, the wood is lovely and the gearstick looks like its a manual! (i know its not) do you have any idea if the extra wood is a factory option or not? would love to do that to my car, and the little cd boxes look great

Edited by charliec

Thanks for your glowing appraisal.

Looks like a manual, but isn't.

All the 'wood' panels match in colour and grain size. So ....

My guess is the options, if they are options, were fitted at the time of the original purchase.

Either by the factory, as factory options, or by the Distributor as a differentiator to distinguish their product from that of their rival distributor.

You probably know that the G and V variants are very similar, but as they are sold via different distribution channels they can have these different options fitted.

I have no idea how you would source the 'extra' wood panels, or the CD/DVD console.

The gear shift should be quite easy to do; but I didn't do mine, it came like that.

I have BIG plans for my Alph, which I may publish after they have been achieved; certainly not before then.

Good Luck with your Quest.

22 minutes ago, Rojie said:

Thanks for your glowing appraisal.

Looks like a manual, but isn't.

All the 'wood' panels match in colour and grain size. So ....

My guess is the options, if they are options, were fitted at the time of the original purchase.

Either by the factory, as factory options, or by the Distributor as a differentiator to distinguish their product from that of their rival distributor.

You probably know that the G and V variants are very similar, but as they are sold via different distribution channels they can have these different options fitted.

I have no idea how you would source the 'extra' wood panels, or the CD/DVD console.

The gear shift should be quite easy to do; but I didn't do mine, it came like that.

I have BIG plans for my Alph, which I may publish after they have been achieved; certainly not before then.

Good Luck with your Quest.

No problem! it just shows what little things can do to transform your whole car, that little console in the middle is by far my favourite thing on it, whoever had this car in japan clearly put lots of love and money into it, what grade was yours on the auction sheet? mine was a 3 but it looks more like a 3.5-4. When you say big plans are you thinking of a camper conversion? im not to fussed about doing one, id rather give the car a couple cosmetic upgrades and maybe a tune if i feel it is needeed. i do notice it bogs down when you have 4 ish people in the car, but no one buys these things for speed! i would love to hear your plans and maybe get a couple new ideas of my own. the only thing im worried about if i modify the car is that ill miss its super stock form (not really usually a fan of stock cars) but because this is an import from japan.. the original parts feel sort of special

I mean i really am v jealous of your interior, i really wish i had those step carpets

Thanks for the photos 

was also wondering what your exterior is like? i have a feeling your van is the one i originally looked at online, but i was just too late!

the gearstick looks identical to the first one i ever saw

It is scheduled for a Campervan rear conversion soon, a rather special one (in my mind).

Nothing too special about the cabinetry; but will be real wood veneer. The panels are special order only.

The maple veneer should look fantastic when completed, sealed and polished.

Other 'improvements' are in the planning stages.

Objective is to have a very visually stunning interior whilst creating an extremely comfortable functioning unit.

The rear leather seats, after removal, will be used to provide other leather based upgrades.

The van will look totally stock/standard from the outside.

Whole van was rated 3.5 for the auction, now much better, probably 4.5; but still has a very minor nudge or two on the outside. I feel sure it will get some more as soon as we start travelling. It is already 15 years old.

Where are you in London, I have family there that I visit from time to time.

2 hours ago, Rojie said:

It is scheduled for a Campervan rear conversion soon, a rather special one (in my mind).

Nothing too special about the cabinetry; but will be real wood veneer. The panels are special order only.

The maple veneer should look fantastic when completed, sealed and polished.

Other 'improvements' are in the planning stages.

Objective is to have a very visually stunning interior whilst creating an extremely comfortable functioning unit.

The rear leather seats, after removal, will be used to provide other leather based upgrades.

The van will look totally stock/standard from the outside.

Whole van was rated 3.5 for the auction, now much better, probably 4.5; but still has a very minor nudge or two on the outside. I feel sure it will get some more as soon as we start travelling. It is already 15 years old.

Where are you in London, I have family there that I visit from time to time.

ahh i see, i was also wondering if your alphards lights were yellowing in anyway and if you know how to sort that out? 

Im in north london, been here all of my life

No. No yellowing on the headlights that I have noticed.

I have another car that does have yellowing/grimy headlights.

Many older cars suffer from this problem.

There are many products (polishes) on the market that are designed to combat this ageing process, and many local garages will grind and polish for you.

I am reluctant to do my other car as the headlights are £800 a side. Costly if I get it wrong !

Good luck.