Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

AFS light flashing

• 1 month later...

Hello Chris, and welcome.

This seems to be extremely useful information.

I note you are in Exeter, quite close to me in fact.

Being in possession of this kind of information makes me wonder whether you are in the vehicle trade, and whether you are able to work on customer vehicles.

I hope my AFS works, otherwise I know where to look. THANKS again.

Hi Rojie, I am not in the trade - I should be taking ownership of an Alphard within the next few weeks, and thought I would get as much information as possible before I start tinkering!

This information does come from technician training material - there is more info related to other aspects of the electronics, such as resetting keyfobs, resetting windows after battery change, the TEMS system etc.

2 hours ago, Chris.ac said:

Hi Rojie, I am not in the trade - I should be taking ownership of an Alphard within the next few weeks, and thought I would get as much information as possible before I start tinkering!

This information does come from technician training material - there is more info related to other aspects of the electronics, such as resetting keyfobs, resetting windows after battery change, the TEMS system etc.

Am I able to purchase these training manuals

• 1 year later...
On 9/29/2021 at 10:13 AM, Chris.ac said:

Did you resolve this? if not, I have these instructions:

image.thumb.png.2820c5feaade3cb17007d9896fcfea1d.png

image.thumb.png.021ea7d1965b0ea9e96353cab136bdd1.pngimage.thumb.png.c1e99d9b52986c5e09b6ed8f33ffe6d8.png

Hey all, could anyone point me to where in the Alphard this service point is please? I had a look last night but couldn't find it in the drivers well. Any pointers please 🙏 

You have a 20 series?

When I originally posted this, the forum was not split in to two sections for 10 and 20 series, so the instructions here may not be applicable to 10 series.

Edited by Chris.ac
  • Thanks 1

Hi Chris, indeed a 10 series. The battery was changed and I suspect the ECU needs to relearn the AFS setting. The axel mounts are fine, along with the headlights. There were two ABS faults showing on the diagnostic machine, however these were reset and the flashing AFS continued. If anyone has had this on a 10 series and has a solution, do please let me know. 

Cheers 🍻 

1 hour ago, Alph-bard said:

Hi Chris, indeed a 10 series. The battery was changed and I suspect the ECU needs to relearn the AFS setting. The axel mounts are fine, along with the headlights. There were two ABS faults showing on the diagnostic machine, however these were reset and the flashing AFS continued. If anyone has had this on a 10 series and has a solution, do please let me know. 

Cheers 🍻 

Have the rear axle mounts/links been replaced lately ?