Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Drivers Handbook

Hi, I'm sure ,like myself, you new owners received with your Alphard, an impressive quantity of booklets and service documents,which of course are totally useless as they are witten in Japanese. I did try translating some of the wording using on-line translating but found this was not at all easy. I took to looking back through many Topics until I found where I could get a translated copy of the drivers hand book.

These are well worth the cost and obtained from:-   www.autobooksdirect.com    these are from translations carried out in New Zealand, so are in effect an accurate copy, with a little "jiggling" to make the book more usable for us in the UK.  The Part Number is FRO 396.

Hi,not sure if there is a problem with part numbers on these manuals,the one I received Thursday is from the same company JPNZ and is FRO 396, [ 2002 - 2008]. I agree well worth every penny!

Thank you Picasso.

This should help other owners order the right one.

Mine does have loads of Hybrid info, but, I suspect, all the same info as the 396 version on the petrols.

Perhaps Picasso could comment on this. Apart from the inclusion of the Hybrid, are the two manuals identical ?

The books are different the fro396 is the most popular handbook we probably sell 15 a week sometimes more since covid sales for these handbooks are going through the roof more people now buying alphards as no one having holidays abroad 

Hi,at least my post has highlighted a small problem which I hope will enable others to order the correct handbook for their model. I repeat,well worth the cost!

As a check, the FRO 396 Owners Manual covers:- Type MNH 10W--ENGINE 1MZ-FE with DRIVE MODE-FF  and Type ANH 10W--ENGINE 2AZ-FE with DRIVE MODE-FF.

:- Type MNH 15W--ENGINE 1MZ-FE with DRIVE MODE-4WD and Type ANH-15W--ENGINE 2AZ-FE with DRIVE MODE-4WD.

To add to starider's detailed info

The 'other' handbook', FRO3035 covers all the above.

Without having a copy of FRO396, I can only assume the content is the same.

These handbooks are ONLY for 2002 to 2008.

To complicate matters the page numbering FRO3035 is not quite perfect.

The page numbering begins Hybrid 1 through Hybrid 67.

Then begins from page 1 on the normal (non Hybrid) models.

Page numbering ends at 304, but, the pages continue.

I hope you are all following this as there is a test at the end !

Page numbering resumes at 333 and ends again at 353 

But pages 303 through 332 are there, just not numbered !

The specification pages cover 14 4wd models and 14 2wd models.

And no, I am not going to list them all !

So, if you don't have a Hybrid go for FRO396

If you do have a Hybrid go for FRO3035

These handbooks are ONLY for 2002 to 2008.

Other manuals are available for 2008 onwards.

Hi, Looks like the FRO 396 has exactly the same page numbers missing. I noticed this when the manual arrived, but as it is the section on "Emergences" it would not have been the same emergency requiements in the Japanese version.

On 10/9/2021 at 8:37 AM, Rojie said:

I have one published by JPNZ Manuals and the part number I have for the 2002 to 2008 is FRO 3035.

About £25, and worth ever penny.

Totally agree just bought one myself.

• 6 months later...

Hi some of the diagrams are a little small, but the overall handbook is very accurate and very useful. There is a good chance there could be a workshop manual this year!?

8 hours ago, starider said:

Hi some of the diagrams are a little small, but the overall handbook is very accurate and very useful. There is a good chance there could be a workshop manual this year!?

That would be brilliant..