Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Tow bar

I've not fitted one, but there are kits available: e.g. https://www.towsure.com/toyota-alphard-5-door-mpv-2002-2007-flange-towbar

They offer DIY and fitting service too (I don't know what is a reasonable price)

If its fully DIY route, you could use ebay, e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283568418838

These are for 1st gen Alphard, but chassis is same I believe, or you can get specifically for a 2nd Gen from same sources.

Have recently fitted the towbar purchased from PCT. Having fitted towbars to many models of vehicles over many years this towbar is quite easy to fit, but requires some drilling of the chassis. The kit included 50mm tow ball,nuts,bolts and washers. 7pin socket, bracket and wiring with additional bracket for socket mounting other than behind the towball. The instructions are clear to follow. The only problem I had was one of the silencer mountings touched the tow bar on acceleration. The instructions said it may be neccessary to bend the bracket, but these mountings are so hefty I used an angle grinder to cut 1/2" off the end of the offending part of the mounting[where the rubber hanger slides over], then put a flat washer on the shaft with a good clip to hold it in place.

I used the spare bracket to mount an extended mains socket. The fitter of the new conversion had fitted it under the body behind the rear wheel and had not considered trying to crawl under at night on a wet/muddy surface!!