Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Windscreen replacement

Hi folks autoglass are having problems getting glass and mouldings required to replace a cracked screen on my alphie,taken 2 weeks and still waiting. If anyone has a chip or small crack please be aware that this could be a prob 

maybe mot fail!!

• 6 months later...

Hi, on the same situation as you were in. Did your windscreen eventually get sorted? How long did it take all together? I am being told could be around 12 weeks.

59 minutes ago, jlanza said:

Hi, on the same situation as you were in. Did your windscreen eventually get sorted? How long did it take all together? I am being told could be around 12 weeks.

I have never used Autoglass but they advertise that fixing a chip should prevent a crack forming.

yes it was initially a chip but when they tried to repair the glass cracked so I requested for a replacement which I have been advised can take up to 12 weeks. For someone who relies on a car to get to work this is too long to wait 😔

• 1 year later...
On 5/18/2022 at 7:12 PM, Rojie said:

I have never used Autoglass but they advertise that fixing a chip should prevent a crack forming.

I spoke too soon ! I have a large crack.

Courtesy of a lorry on the M5.

I will update members when the process is completed.

I believe my Insurance will cover it.

I do hope so, as the quote I received was EYE WATERING.

Supply and fit; but way, way, way more than the reported by Lee above.

On 5/18/2022 at 8:24 PM, Picasso said:

I had my windscreen changed just before Christmas I sourced the screen myself direct from toyota just over 3 weeks £420.00+ vat insurance company paid me back 

Hi Lee, Who fitted the new windscreen ?

Hi,

We had a chip on the M74 which then cracked and grew before our very eyes - somewhat disturbing. Had the windscreen replaced by Auto Windscreens http://www.autowindscreens.co.uk/

as an insurance claim. They had no problem with sourcing the new screen, although I think it took about a week to get it.

58 minutes ago, pcous said:

Hi,

We had a chip on the M74 which then cracked and grew before our very eyes - somewhat disturbing. Had the windscreen replaced by Auto Windscreens http://www.autowindscreens.co.uk/

as an insurance claim. They had no problem with sourcing the new screen, although I think it took about a week to get it.

Hi Pcous,

I tried the link; I try all links.

Their website would not take my registration number.

I tried to enter my details manually and was offered a 2002 screen; and only a 2002 screen !

Could be the same; but then if I had a Gen 2 or Gen 3, are they the same ?

Not impressed really.

Autoglass, so far, have been wonderful.

Hi Rojie,
I was directed to Auto Windscreens by our insurer, Adrian Flux, who presumably passed over the details - so I didn't have to deal with the website. Seems like there's a disparity between their response to customer website enquiries and what they can provide in reality (poor/limited database maybe?). So I take your point: not impressive..... and not worth recommending them if you can't deal with them via the website.