Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

"Toyota For You" free Pre Winter Inspection

Rojie

I expect this new topic could be awkward/controversial/troublesome !

I was invited to have a Pre Winter Inspection of my 2006 Alphard under the "Toyota For You" marketing program.

The invitation was 'buried' in some Toyota Marketing information I received.

I expect the invitation was the result of my purchases of small items (and value) from both the Toyota Direct website and my local Toyota dealer.

I can anticipate that many Alphard owners will not receive such an invitation.

As, I believe, many Toyota dealers are huffy (a polite term) about grey imports; I suggest that many dealers may not wish to participate in this Toyota initiative. I have little doubt that Toyota wish to generate more service sales. My view is that if your vehicle needs remedial work it is better to know about it, than not to know.

It remains the owners choice as to whether they have the work done, or not.

The inspection of my vehicle covered brakes, tyres, wipers, lights, fluids, etc., and a general quick look over the whole vehicle.

I wish you all the very best of luck if you try to have this FREE inspection at your local dealer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2021 at 3:41 AM, Rojie said:

I expect this new topic could be awkward/controversial/troublesome !

I was invited to have a Pre Winter Inspection of my 2006 Alphard under the "Toyota For You" marketing program.

The invitation was 'buried' in some Toyota Marketing information I received.

I expect the invitation was the result of my purchases of small items (and value) from both the Toyota Direct website and my local Toyota dealer.

I can anticipate that many Alphard owners will not receive such an invitation.

As, I believe, many Toyota dealers are huffy (a polite term) about grey imports; I suggest that many dealers may not wish to participate in this Toyota initiative. I have little doubt that Toyota wish to generate more service sales. My view is that if your vehicle needs remedial work it is better to know about it, than not to know.

It remains the owners choice as to whether they have the work done, or not.

The inspection of my vehicle covered brakes, tyres, wipers, lights, fluids, etc., and a general quick look over the whole vehicle.

I wish you all the very best of luck if you try to have this FREE inspection at your local dealer.

I can fully endorse the willingness of the main Toyota dealers to go out of their way to find any service or other part for my Vellfire.

In fact, most staff come out to take a keen look at it having never seen one..

In particular, Toyota Peterborough - parts manager Dave is very good.

Toyota Nottingham also very helpful...

• Thanks 1