Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Acceleration

Hi everyone,  can someone give me some performance figures for my  car car that's on the way from japan . Its a 2010 velfire..3 5 platinum selection...it seems slightly difficult to get realistic speed and fuel figures. Thanks Shane 

Japanese domestic market cars are speed limited to 112mph (180kph) - it will comfortably get to that speed at about 3500rpm

Its maximum HP will be 280 - again, this is based on an agreement between the Japanese car manufacturers 'anti competition'.

My 3.5l shows consumption each minute, and averages between 8km/l and 12km/l (22 - 33mpg) occasionally I blip the accelerator when an audi or bmw is trying to attach itself to my rear, and consumption drops to around 5km/l (14mpg!)

So, I would honestly say, as long as you drive it sensibly, (my driving is a mix of city and rural), you should get at least 28-30mpg

Just now, Chris.ac said:

Japanese domestic market cars are speed limited to 112mph (180kph) - it will comfortably get to that speed at about 3500rpm

Its maximum HP will be 280 - again, this is based on an agreement between the Japanese car manufacturers 'anti competition'.

My 3.5l shows consumption each minute, and averages between 8km/l and 12km/l (22 - 33mpg) occasionally I blip the accelerator when an audi or bmw is trying to attach itself to my rear, and consumption drops to around 5km/l (14mpg!)

So, I would honestly say, as long as you drive it sensibly, (my driving is a mix of city and rural), you should get at least 28-30mpg

My vehicle is a 2010 Alphard - same mechanics and tuning - If you really want more oomph (doesnt need it, will do 0-62mph in 7 seconds) you can get it stage 1 unlocked, adds about 15% moar powah

1 hour ago, Chris.ac said:

My vehicle is a 2010 Alphard - same mechanics and tuning - If you really want more oomph (doesnt need it, will do 0-62mph in 7 seconds) you can get it stage 1 unlocked, adds about 15% moar powah

Hi Shane,

I have the earlier 3 litre V6 with a 5 speed

Yours will have a 6 speed.

These engines have plenty of torque. I doubt you will be disappointed.

They are very refined, and quiet

Hi Chris, you have my interest again?

What is the cost to unlock Stage 1, Is it a simple remap ? Does it improve torque ?

I'm just curious.

https://puretuning.net/en/chiptuning-files/toyota/alphard/3-0i-v6-220hp

They are selling the firmwares - at 85euro for stage 1 - now there are several remappers in the south west, 2 of which I see are in/near exeter, I imagine for stage 1 they just connect up to the ecu with a re-programmer and upload the new ready to roll firmware, stage 2/3 are when you start taking up to 2 days to do roller tests and modify other things like the egr and maf - you can even have it so it makes those boyracer pops and bangs from the exhaust.

I image you are looking at a couple hundred, I dont think its worth the hassle.

7 hours ago, Chris.ac said:

0-60 in 7 secs ??..really ?? That's quick for a big lump . I didn't expect that tbh , thanks for the info gents 

18 hours ago, Chris.ac said:

https://puretuning.net/en/chiptuning-files/toyota/alphard/3-0i-v6-220hp

They are selling the firmwares - at 85euro for stage 1 - now there are several remappers in the south west, 2 of which I see are in/near exeter, I imagine for stage 1 they just connect up to the ecu with a re-programmer and upload the new ready to roll firmware, stage 2/3 are when you start taking up to 2 days to do roller tests and modify other things like the egr and maf - you can even have it so it makes those boyracer pops and bangs from the exhaust.

I image you are looking at a couple hundred, I dont think its worth the hassle.

Thanks Chris,

We must meet up in the New Year.

I don't want, or need, anyone messing with my MAF, or EGR.

I don't see myself as a 70 year old boy racer, listening to (and becoming annoyed by) turbo overboost relief valve crackle.

It is very unusual, but if that type of mood overwhelms me I have a supercharged 4.2 V8 sitting outside just waiting to burble and whine.

If I boot my Black Cat she flies !

Best regards    Roger

• Like 1