Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

E10 vrs E5

32 minutes ago, Geralt said:

Many thanks for providing your method.

It’s okay, I really thought I had made an error but I have been through it again and it looks likely to be correct.

This time around will be more interesting as the driving is much more like for like this time.  I have also stuck in some Wynn’s Gold Total Petrol System Cleaner which seems to get very favourable reviews. 

It would be interesting to see how high we can get the MPG by tweaking everything. At the end of the day it is still going to be thirsty. 

• 1 year later...

Interesting thread.  I opted to put Texaco 99 in my 2.4 today, normally I'd just use their E10.

Only downside is that their Supreme (at my local garage at least) was alot more expensive (c. 20p/litre more) but it will be interesting to see how it does.  I do alot of A to B driving in mine, it is also camper converted (so a bit heavier) and I reckon it does between 220 and 260 miles before the fuel light comes on, dependent on weather and how it's driven.

Strangely, I've noticed almost immediately it seems to run smoother and there's a bit more go over E10, whereas I honestly wasn't expecting to notice anything.  If it gives a few more miles per tank I may stick to it.