Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Rear wiper arm

Hi all

Have at last collected my Alphard from the importer. I noticed that the rear wiper arm was missing and raised this with the dealer to be told that the’ thing’ in Japan is to remove the wiper arm and replace it with a decorative cover, which is what I have.

I would like to fit a new arm and blade and wondered if anyone on the Forum had heard about the removal of the wiper arm and also where to get a decent replacement.

There a a few on eBay but thought I would check with you all first.

TIA

Regards

Phil

45 minutes ago, Phil59 said:

Hi all

Have at last collected my Alphard from the importer. I noticed that the rear wiper arm was missing and raised this with the dealer to be told that the’ thing’ in Japan is to remove the wiper arm and replace it with a decorative cover, which is what I have.

I would like to fit a new arm and blade and wondered if anyone on the Forum had heard about the removal of the wiper arm and also where to get a decent replacement.

There a a few on eBay but thought I would check with you all first.

TIA

Regards

Phil

Hi Phil,

This news to me !

A rear wiper is not an MOT requirement in the UK, but I have yet to see an Alphie without one.

Has your importer only imported it for you, or have they registered it and had an MOT done?

Toyotaalphardepc.com is a place to look for part numbers.

Then try Snows, they will probably get it for you.

Snows will also (probably) get the part number from the EPC for you.

I find my local branch of Snows very helpful. 

They are not 'huffy' like many about grey imports

Hi Rojie

As I was writing the post, it occurred to me about the MOT requirement so I am pleased to hear it is not mandatory.

The dealer advertised the Alphard on their site and I paid a deposit without seeing it and basing the purchase on the auction grade. I have never done anything like that before but I am very pleased with the vehicle and it is as advertised, no complaints.

The dealer had other Alphard’s there without rear wipers.?

Nov, I’ll take a photo tomorrow and post it, but be prepared to be underwhelmed!

Regards

Phil

1 minute ago, Phil59 said:

Hi Rojie

As I was writing the post, it occurred to me about the MOT requirement so I am pleased to hear it is not mandatory.

The dealer advertised the Alphard on their site and I paid a deposit without seeing it and basing the purchase on the auction grade. I have never done anything like that before but I am very pleased with the vehicle and it is as advertised, no complaints.

The dealer had other Alphard’s there without rear wipers.?

Nov, I’ll take a photo tomorrow and post it, but be prepared to be underwhelmed!

Regards

Phil

Hi Phil,

Most of us are new to this Alphard ownership.

Join the Club. Oh, you have !

The DVLA have, in my opinion, a very good website regarding MOT requirements.

You should check it to reassure yourself.

Many of us find ourselves referring to it frequently.

Rear foglights and rear retroreflectors are a current MOT topic. (even if you have a current MOT !!! ).

Not all importer / dealers, including mine, are meeting all the MOT requirements even though the vehicles have MOTs !

You sure its missing? Is your alphard 1st gen? on 2008 onwards, the rear wiper is fitted under the roof spoiler, i remember 1st viewing mine and drawing air in over teeth, because I thought the rear wiper was not fitted, but then spotted it when checking the 3rd brake light was functioning (and the fact the wiper controller inside had 'rear' controls too)

Hi all

As promised here is a photo of the ‘decorative cover.’ I might have made it sound better than it is by mistake, it is only a plastic knob.

Thanks to you all for your advice and to you Rojie fo the info regarding spares.

Regards

Phil

8AE3D20A-FBA5-4C14-A6AC-DA45F8FA1779.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...