Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Workshop manuals for 1st Gen (holy Grail?)

Anyone that knows me, will know I am a furious Googler.

I know that it is almost impossible to find decent workshop manuals for the 10 series (1st Gen alphands)

I have some news, I found something online, contains wiring diagrams, maintenance instructions, tracking measurements, etc etc.

Bad news, its in Japanese, partially good news, you can use Chrome browser to auto translate chuncks of it.

Example:

image.thumb.png.ef2b118ef51bebce46c677dc61eeeda3.png

Of Course, the diagrams are images, so do not auto translate, but you could submit these as an image search or use mobile phone camera to translate

image.png.fd05aa78061741fb221e06a4fb819ccf.png

If anyone wants to try navigating this site, even with the minor issue of language, the diagrams themselves would prove useful, I think.

Boot removal to access lamps, example:

image.thumb.png.465bf32f6594b5b7f56ff3d31834b29b.png

AH, forgot the main thing... The website link..

I hope this helps someone, the main page has 5 coloured tabs at top, I think the 1st just reloads, 2nd is maintenance manual, DTC error code diagnostics etc, 3rd is feature list/instructions, 4th is wiring, 5th is engine/gearbox disassembly/rebuild.

http://fsm.japanclassic.ru/toyota/2002.5_7a037_alphard_anh1,mnh1/x339/index2.html

The original source appears to be from a technicians CD, if anyone wants to help dig to find out how to use this site better, or find the original source, thats great!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Raymond Hayes said:

Thank you for the wiring diagram - very helpful

I found a link to a malaysian site that sells copies of this digital manual, or course its not in english, but yes, the wiring diagrams at least are decent and only a minor frustration to use google image translate or similar on a phone, to use.

Anyone using this?

if using chrome, when you finally navigate to the page you need, goto the link in the address bar and remove the part that says '_base'

e.g:

http://fsm.japanclassic.ru/toyota/2002.5_7a037_alphard_anh1,mnh1/x339/servinfo/x339k0307303001_base.html

becomes:

http://fsm.japanclassic.ru/toyota/2002.5_7a037_alphard_anh1,mnh1/x339/servinfo/x339k0307303001.html

Chrome can now translate the page!

e.g.

image.png.599fbc3a7781a2593842c99addb5bb0f.png

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Catweazle said:

Great find!

Thank you for this, makes life easier.

yeah, apart from the low resolution of some of the drawings, all the info is really useful, full write ups of how the sliding doors work, the electronic signals, the mechanics.

Full write up on the drivetrains, engine stripdown etc etc.

The next thing to do is find a full manual for the hybrid models!

On 1/30/2022 at 10:00 PM, Chris.ac said:

AH, forgot the main thing... The website link..

I hope this helps someone, the main page has 5 coloured tabs at top, I think the 1st just reloads, 2nd is maintenance manual, DTC error code diagnostics etc, 3rd is feature list/instructions, 4th is wiring, 5th is engine/gearbox disassembly/rebuild.

http://fsm.japanclassic.ru/toyota/2002.5_7a037_alphard_anh1,mnh1/x339/index2.html

The original source appears to be from a technicians CD, if anyone wants to help dig to find out how to use this site better, or find the original source, thats great!

That's gold dust! Thanks for sharing.

• 1 month later...

not me, I would have done so, but Im a 20 series owner, so it wasn't a priority.

I did however come across some resellers of a cd/iso that claims to have even the hybrid 10series stuff - again in Japanese, but with the main indexes converted to english, so navigation is easier, the images of course are harder to modify because they were PNG format

• 2 months later...
On 8/13/2022 at 9:49 PM, Montecrist0 said:

Hi, did you find one?

yes, on Japan  Yahoo sales site, you can buy a cdrom that contains all the info for hybrids, 2.4 and 3.0 ltr 10 series models.

You can also purchase Paper manuals, these cdroms and manuals are proper workshop standard.

It costs around £60, and as I own a 20 series, im not really interested.

I do keep an eye out for 'free' information, where it can be passed out.

• 3 months later...
On 5/21/2022 at 11:28 AM, dugii said:

Has anyone managed to download that before it went offline by nay chance ?

It's back online. I downloaded an offline copy, it's possible to translate it all, by primary focus is my 20series workshop Manuals at moment (online 20 series is for the non JDM exported alphards, practically identical except for audio /media system) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/5/2022 at 7:28 PM, Chris.ac said:

Anyone using this?

if using chrome, when you finally navigate to the page you need, goto the link in the address bar and remove the part that says '_base'

e.g:

http://fsm.japanclassic.ru/toyota/2002.5_7a037_alphard_anh1,mnh1/x339/servinfo/x339k0307303001_base.html

becomes:

http://fsm.japanclassic.ru/toyota/2002.5_7a037_alphard_anh1,mnh1/x339/servinfo/x339k0307303001.html

Chrome can now translate the page!

e.g.

image.png.599fbc3a7781a2593842c99addb5bb0f.png

Hey @Chris.ac, I followed your example above but Chrome refuses to translate. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Do you have any suggestions please?

image.thumb.png.798fed6fdfe1bc0200e86b169c86dc08.png

Edited by Geralt

18 minutes ago, Geralt said:

Hey @Chris.ac, I followed your example above but Chrome refuses to translate. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Do you have any suggestions please?

image.thumb.png.798fed6fdfe1bc0200e86b169c86dc08.png

Actually forget that. It seems to work now. Apologies...and thanks for finding the info again.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2022 at 4:41 AM, Chris.ac said:

Anyone that knows me, will know I am a furious Googler.

I know that it is almost impossible to find decent workshop manuals for the 10 series (1st Gen alphands)

I have some news, I found something online, contains wiring diagrams, maintenance instructions, tracking measurements, etc etc.

Bad news, its in Japanese, partially good news, you can use Chrome browser to auto translate chuncks of it.

Example:

image.thumb.png.ef2b118ef51bebce46c677dc61eeeda3.png

Of Course, the diagrams are images, so do not auto translate, but you could submit these as an image search or use mobile phone camera to translate

image.png.fd05aa78061741fb221e06a4fb819ccf.png

If anyone wants to try navigating this site, even with the minor issue of language, the diagrams themselves would prove useful, I think.

Boot removal to access lamps, example:

image.thumb.png.465bf32f6594b5b7f56ff3d31834b29b.png

Hi Chris, I am new to this forum, but is it possible you can share the website?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2022 at 4:53 PM, Chris.ac said:

yeah, apart from the low resolution of some of the drawings, all the info is really useful, full write ups of how the sliding doors work, the electronic signals, the mechanics.

Full write up on the drivetrains, engine stripdown etc etc.

The next thing to do is find a full manual for the hybrid models!

Let me know if you find Hybrid ones, I have trolled google for 3 months and found nothing that even resembles mine 

On 4/4/2023 at 8:14 AM, atlanticcobra2023 said:

Let me know if you find Hybrid ones, I have trolled google for 3 months and found nothing that even resembles mine 

Only found on japanese auction sites, either on cdrom or more expensive paper manuals