Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Rear View Mirror ~ Auto Dipping

So, after a few weeks of getting fed up of adjusting the Rear View Mirror, I decided to change it.

Mirror complete with bracket removed from the windscreen.

I previously bought an Aventis Auto Dip Mirror with bracket from ebay.

My car had TV fitted, so 4 aerials across the top of the windscreen. Decided to remove these to tidy things up, but, to save running new cables, I opted to leave the longest 2 aerial cables in situ, with the aerial ends cropped off. One cable for the Mirror feed n return, the other cable for a Dashcam in the future.

Lower end of the Mirror cable was spliced into a fused live feed, that was for the TV Tuner, giving a switched 12V feed.

Connected the aerial cable to the Mirror Flyleaf, under the cab roof light, then plugged into the mirror.

Eureka, works, green light on with ignition.

This Mirror is secured with a grub screw, but its not a standard M5 thread. Will find an M5 tap, and run it through, then an M5 Grub Screw will be fitted.

20220206_132204.jpg