Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Simple awning rail

Fitted several on VW's, there are ways to secure it within the roof channel you refer to .... caged nut and bolt but to fit snug within the 16.0 width , another is to bond the rail within the channel  using polymer adhesive leave it to set overnight but be aware not in a cold as polymer adhesives don't like col😎d

Hi 

Thanks for that.

I was hoping for info that relates specifically to the Alphard, like what spec rail will fit, will it sit flat to the bottom or does it need raising to clear the depth of the recess so the awning doesn't catch, can you use PVC rail as opposed to aluminium and how did you find it worked out  etc, can you help please.

I don't know of any specific know-how of fitting Awning rails/ Awnings etc to Alphards ,Problem with the stick on PVC rail is where would you mount it,  can't fit to the top edge as the passenger door would make contact with it, you're beginning to realise that Alphard's are a problem when one wants to add factor type parts mainly due its lack of history when customising.  I haven't done my rail yet but hope to do so when the cold spell backs off,  Im working on a design fitting for a fiamma wind out awning to fit via the roof channel -no rails just the awning