Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

DAB reception

I've just installed Dab to my lovely new to me alphard the problem is signal dropout I have a internal windscreen aerial which is earthed to to A post is the any other way to increase reception with out putting a roof mounted aerial on 

1 hour ago, Blimp 8801 said:

I've just installed Dab to my lovely new to me Alphard the problem is signal dropout I have a internal windscreen aerial which is earthed to to A post is the any other way to increase reception with out putting a roof mounted aerial on 

Hello Blimp,

Welcome to the Forum.

Do you have a heated windscreen ?

I ask as the wire mesh can lessen, or null, the performance of the aerial.

Many aerials are quite directional too, which doesn't help !

Having fixed this problem on three different vehicles, I can advise you to pay the 'bucks' and purchase a 'Fin' shaped pre-amp roof aerial fitted as far away from the electronic interferences sources of the front dash area,  no not cheap but if your really in ore of the poorly supported DAB this is the way to go