Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

MD Disc output change to Aux in

Has anyone explored this area? Before opening the consol up I just wondered if there was a possibility to use the audio leads that plug into the inbuild MD Disc unit? I'd rather have Aux In connector for my phone, and music etc!

3 hours ago, Rojie said:

Do you have a VTR input on the rear of the centre console ?

Adjacent to the 100v outlet.

yes, I do, but thought that was only the input for the headunit DVD? 

52 minutes ago, AlphaMZ said:

yes, I do, but thought that was only the input for the headunit DVD? 

It is an input to the head unit DVD, but it should take a stereo feed.

I am not sure what you are trying to do, so just suggested this as a 'consideration'.

You should also be able to pair your phone to the head unit.

I was going to input a stereo/video signal, but, in the end, bought another PC for the van for TV, Radio and communications when not on the move.

I need to look at my MD unit !

10 minutes ago, AlphaMZ said:

I just want to connect my iPod or phone through the headphone connector to hear music through the headunit.

Are you aware of Ben Hau and the upgrade he is able to install ?

Take a look at YouTube Ben Hau.

He posted very recently, albeit for a later model Alphie, but you could contact him.

He is on this forum too.

About £400 for an all bells and whistles upgrade, or he can do new head unit installs.

Hopefully, someone has achieved what you need and will respond.

2 minutes ago, Rojie said:

Are you aware of Ben Hau and the upgrade he is able to install ?

yes, it's a module of some kind that's connected to the backend; but it's a tad expensive for me to justify; thanks anyway for your input!

just use stereo phono to 3.5mm stereo jack connected to the aux in on the rear of centre console.

perhaps opening up the rear centre console and redirecting the rca connectors with an extension cable to wherever you need is the simplest, cheapest option.

you could also get one of those adaptors that use a radio frequency, they often have stereo inputs too.

like this one, yes its on Amazon, im sure I will get in trouble for posting links one day, but this is for an example.

Adds audio input, usb storage, sdcard, 2 additional USB charging ports, a remote and controls.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clydek-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Wireless-Charging/dp/B08DCTCZ2K/ref=sr_1_9?c=ts&keywords=Car+Audio+FM+Transmitters&qid=1649015535&s=electronics&sr=1-9&ts_id=528666031

2 hours ago, Chris.ac said:

perhaps opening up the rear centre console and redirecting the rca connectors with an extension cable to wherever you need is the simplest

I've already got a stereo phono to 3.5mm stereo jack; can you kindly elboarate further as I'd like to make this work without an FM transmitter, thanks!;)

just connect to the red and white RCA connectors and select AUX on the headunit, because I am unsure how to disassemble the middle console on the 10 series, I am unsure of the way its wired up - but on mine, the RCA connectors are able to be removed from their holder and theoretically rerouted up through the console

2 hours ago, Chris.ac said:

just connect to the red and white RCA connectors and select AUX on the headunit

ah, I haven't got the AUX-In on my head unit!

OpeningScreen.jpg

OK, after a bit of a play around with the Remote Control, I connected the red and white stereo phono plugs to the middle VCR console, and jack plug to my tiny robi DAB radio unit; then I switched it to 'VIDEO' mode, and hey presto, it worked perfectly, so connecting to VIDEO mode is the way into playing your own music/radio through the unit; hth you all!:)

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Jordan Doust said:

Is there anyway of switching to the VTR input without a remote? My remote does not seem to work even after changing batteries

As I said earlier, I use a PC now.

Just try and input by pressing the TV button. Hope it works for you.

Otherwise try eightseater.blog.com; as he offers some very good guidance on the head unit.