Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Removing the ETC System

The ETC system ( Japanese Electronic Toll Collector) is a waste of space and electric, and that Japanese voice that forces itself into your space everytime you start the van, has to be removed, but how? 

1 hour ago, AlphaMZ said:

that Japanese voice that forces itself into your space

I managed to turn it off, but now its disconnecting the main ETC unit and antenna, and I'm thinking of reusing the 12v connection for something else such as an AC inverter rerouted into the center console. 

48 minutes ago, AlphaMZ said:

I managed to turn it off, but now its disconnecting the main ETC unit and antenna, and I'm thinking of reusing the 12v connection for something else such as an AC inverter rerouted into the center console. 

Is the ETC wiring through the ignition switch ?

I cannot see the sense in it being live 24/7.

2 minutes ago, Rojie said:

I cannot see the sense in it being live 24/7.

I wouldn't have thought so either; only the Alarm!

The ETC system is live when the ignition is on, so it is wastetful whatever the draw!

Edited by AlphaMZ

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 7:51 PM, Alphard Club said:

i tell my wife it's my Japanese mistress, i have also noticed she says something different everyday. Also how she gets irate when parking close to something.

She tells you the day/date when you first start the car that day, except for when she wishes you a Merry Christmas / Happy New Year on those days :)

Edited by calimba
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, calimba said:

She tells you the day/date when you first start the car that day, except for when she wishes you a Merry Christmas / Happy New Year on those days :)

こんにちは Calimba

Welcome to the Forum.

Just what we need; a Japanese translator !

5 hours ago, calimba said:

Yes, I love this so much.

For those who need, you can just enable google translate on your phone to verify :)

On 4/26/2022 at 11:17 AM, calimba said:

@calimbamine only tells me i need to install my etc card. Do you know how to get all the other announcements?? i love it, its a cool quirk that all jap cars have. everyone that gets in the van and hears it and wishes their cars did the same

I find the shouting when parking amusing if i say so myself