Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Any Wellhouse Camper owners about?

I'm in the process of buying an older 54 plate Wellhouse conversion(not direct from them) that has no owners manuals and a few other bits. 

Did they come with any user manuals from the factory for correct use of the battery/solar, roof etc. or any maintenance guides?

Any help appreciated.

edit: I nearly called it an 'Alfie' in the thread title, is that frowned upon?

2 hours ago, OldWellhouse said:

I'm in the process of buying an older 54 plate Wellhouse conversion(not direct from them) that has no owners manuals and a few other bits. 

Did they come with any user manuals from the factory for correct use of the battery/solar, roof etc. or any maintenance guides?

Any help appreciated.

edit: I nearly called it an 'Alfie' in the thread title, is that frowned upon?

Hello Oldie,

Welcome to the Forum.

Alphie is how many of us describe our vans, buses, campers, limos, etc.

This Forum will be able to help with most issues regarding the vehicle.

I suggest you approach Wellhouse themselves. I doubt that they will be unable to help you.

Good Luck. Happy vanning.

23 minutes ago, Rojie said:

Hello Oldie,

Welcome to the Forum.

Alphie is how many of us describe our vans, buses, campers, limos, etc.

This Forum will be able to help with most issues regarding the vehicle.

I suggest you approach Wellhouse themselves. I doubt that they will be unable to help you.

Good Luck. Happy vanning.

Thanks Rojie, I did drop them an email but they said they didn't keep anything like that relevant for my bus. 

I know I'm taking a chance with this AND service history missing but I have a good feeling about it and Wellhouse seem to do great quality conversions and it is one of theirs. I'm pretty sure this forum will help answer tons of the questions I'll end up having. 

Disappointing to hear Wellhouse cannot help !

There is a VERY helpful Owners Manual available on Ebay.

It is published by JPNZ in English.

There are two versions that I know of for your vehicle.

One covers non hybrid variants, and the other includes hybrids.

Neither are maintenance manuals.

JPNZ are expected to issue a Maintenance manual; it is hoped later this year.

Depending on the head unit you have eightseater.blog.com (also in English) could be very helpful.

12 hours ago, Rojie said:

Disappointing to hear Wellhouse cannot help !

There is a VERY helpful Owners Manual available on Ebay.

It is published by JPNZ in English.

There are two versions that I know of for your vehicle.

One covers non hybrid variants, and the other includes hybrids.

Neither are maintenance manuals.

JPNZ are expected to issue a Maintenance manual; it is hoped later this year.

Depending on the head unit you have eightseater.blog.com (also in English) could be very helpful.

Thanks I'll be ordering that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi OldWellhouse,

We have a Wellhouse conversion, bought 2019, and at that time they supplied the JPNZ owner's manual on handover (of course this isn't equivalent to a Hayne's type manual for doing your own servicing/repairs etc...) They also supplied OM instruction booklets for their conversion accessories - power supply, water pump, fridge, hob, roof etc, so the previous owner(s) should have had these to pass on to you. It might be worth following that up with the seller.

Alternatively, if you know when the original conversion was done, you could ask Wellhouse if they can at least tell you what models they were fitting at that time for each of these accessories and then try to source manuals directly from the manufacturers or on t'internet (I suppose Wellhouse are under no obligation to provide you with additional copies directly if you're not their customer). There was a Japanese manual, but no service history available prior to import.

Good luck....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, pcous said:

Hi OldWellhouse,

We have a Wellhouse conversion, bought 2019, and at that time they supplied the JPNZ owner's manual on handover (of course this isn't equivalent to a Hayne's type manual for doing your own servicing/repairs etc...) They also supplied OM instruction booklets for their conversion accessories - power supply, water pump, fridge, hob, roof etc, so the previous owner(s) should have had these to pass on to you. It might be worth following that up with the seller.

Alternatively, if you know when the original conversion was done, you could ask Wellhouse if they can at least tell you what models they were fitting at that time for each of these accessories and then try to source manuals directly from the manufacturers or on t'internet (I suppose Wellhouse are under no obligation to provide you with additional copies directly if you're not their customer). There was a Japanese manual, but no service history available prior to import.

Good luck....

Thanks pcous, it's a 2017 conversion and I bought it from someone that took it as a trade in. For whatever reason the OM on the conversion accessories wasn't present and after emailing WH they didn't seem interested in supplying them even though I was prepared to pay. I understand like you say that I'm not their customer, but I was a little disappointed. So far I've managed to suss out most things and will learn more this week when I take it away for a couple days camping.