Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

20 Series vs 10 Series Squeaky Cabin

20 Series vs 10 Series Squeaky Cabin, anyone moved up to the 20 series and find the cabin has squeaks and rattles? Never noticed it in the 10 series.

One is from the sunroof / DVD roof Screen area

Others from around the door areas

Although the cabin on the 20 series is a much improvement, i have finding the door areas squeak and rattle. Feel like taking off the door cards and felting the doors. 

2 hours ago, Alphard Club said:

20 Series vs 10 Series Squeaky Cabin, anyone moved up to the 20 series and find the cabin has squeaks and rattles? Never noticed it in the 10 series.

One is from the sunroof / DVD roof Screen area

Others from around the door areas

Although the cabin on the 20 series is a much improvement, i have finding the door areas squeak and rattle. Feel like taking off the door cards and felting the doors. 

Welcome to Gen 2 ownership !

yeah, I bought a box of several hundreds plastic trim clips and hunted down any damaged ones - the only rattles and squeaks i have now are from things i have rubbing and moving in the various pockets or door storage

1 hour ago, Chris.ac said:

yeah, I bought a box of several hundreds plastic trim clips and hunted down any damaged ones - the only rattles and squeaks i have now are from things i have rubbing and moving in the various pockets or door storage

Yes i have found these rattle too. I am going to make some pocket mats 

I can hear a pin drop a hundred feet away  so squeaks are always annoying.

7 minutes ago, Alphard Club said:

Yes i have found these rattle too. I am going to make some pocket mats 

I can hear a pin drop a hundred feet away  so squeaks are always annoying.

I have a mate that got me to drive his audi, whislt he pressed his head against various panels, including leaning out of the window at one point because of some minor resonant vibration, bloody nightmare, lol