Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

2nd Generation AH20 Hybrid MPG

Hi all,

So reports for the 1st generation are around 30mpg average. The second generation is meant to be better mpg and more reliable. Has anyone got any real world experience of this? There's less info out there as 2nd generation model haven’t been IVA exempt for that long. Many thanks!

2 hours ago, Thecorrection said:

Hi all,

So reports for the 1st generation are around 30mpg average. The second generation is meant to be better mpg and more reliable. Has anyone got any real world experience of this? There's less info out there as 2nd generation model haven’t been IVA exempt for that long. Many thanks!

There's a thread on here about consumption.

Search for Megathread

Thanks Rojie, but sadly I can find very little on the fuel consumption of a 2nd Generation hybrid within existing threads. What little does exist isn't clear about whether the van is post July 2008 or not.

I can see the question being asked within previous threads but without answers. Happy to be corrected on all of the above! If there is a thread covering this topic I'd be very grateful if someone can share the link. 

1 hour ago, Thecorrection said:

Thanks Rojie, but sadly I can find very little on the fuel consumption of a 2nd Generation hybrid within existing threads. What little does exist isn't clear about whether the van is post July 2008 or not.

I can see the question being asked within previous threads but without answers. Happy to be corrected on all of the above! If there is a thread covering this topic I'd be very grateful if someone can share the link. 

The thread is

Mega thread Alphard MPG! by Teekay.

For some reason the search box doesn't find it. I don't know why.

Search Teekay's activity. It is there.

4 hours ago, Thecorrection said:

Thanks Rojie, much obliged. Unfortunately 2nd Generation Hybrids are not covered in that thread. But I will post the same question there and see if it generates any responses.

Maybe not there, but that is where they should be when hybrid owner members respond.

That's why Teekay started it; to keep it all together.

If I come across any 'strangers' I'll add them to the TK thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2022 at 9:06 AM, Rojie said:

The thread is

Mega thread Alphard MPG! by Teekay.

For some reason the search box doesn't find it. I don't know why.

Search Teekay's activity. It is there.

I started "mega thread" for mpg and couple of "megathread" on other topics. Ideally if forum owner or moderator can change in the mpg subject "megathread" (remove space) and put a number next to it, we can easily reference and lookup for exact try thread. 

1 hour ago, Teekay said:

I started "mega thread" for mpg and couple of "megathread" on other topics. Ideally if forum owner or moderator can change in the mpg subject "megathread" (remove space) and put a number next to it, we can easily reference and lookup for exact try thread. 

I have tried, as a Moderator, to edit the 'space' in the Title, as you have requested.

No can do.

I'll try another approach and hope I don't erase the thread !

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just did a long drive right the way up the country. Mostly 70mph motorway driving, not much traffic, cruise control most of the way. I was in eco mode mostly and did about 540km. Just me, not a heavy load and my car’s not converted.

I got about 36-37mpg on that run. I might be able to improve it slightly if I were at 65mph most of the way.

I need to test properly, but I think I get similar in town.

1 hour ago, arthurj said:

I just did a long drive right the way up the country. Mostly 70mph motorway driving, not much traffic, cruise control most of the way. I was in eco mode mostly and did about 540km. Just me, not a heavy load and my car’s not converted.

I got about 36-37mpg on that run. I might be able to improve it slightly if I were at 65mph most of the way.

I need to test properly, but I think I get similar in town.

Nice one 

If you can please re post this on Mega thread Alphard MPG. Thanks