Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

MEGATHREAD3 - all accessories

This accessories megathread can be one place to jot down all accessories, fun gadgets, utility items, addon, links, share review, experiences etc that go well with Alphards VellfiresI've seen accessories being mentioned on some of the threads but then struggle to find it.

I'm sure there must be Bluetooth devices that broadcast in Japanese fm range, so without changing headunit, one can play stuff from mobile right away. I'll try to dig link and post.

2 minutes ago, Oddcouple said:

I’ll kick off with the £3.59 USB plug for the 100v sockets

D771C3CB-35A1-4D5F-9D48-18338B4DC207.jpeg

This is so smart and easy one 👍..silly to rip it all and install usb units inside it, that may even fail. I have list of 100v gadgets that I intend to buy! I think some from US might also work? Might need adaptor?

Just now, Teekay said:

This is so smart and easy one 👍..silly to rip it all and install usb units inside it, that may even fail. I have list of 100v gadgets that I intend to buy! I think some from US might also work? Might need adaptor?

US plugs should be fine, this one is and works perfectly! Also ships from UK so took 2 days from ordering on eBay 

• Like 1

I'll like to find decent quality curtains set... Any recommendations? Something bit proper like those that sometimes come with jdm imports. EBay has some listed but they look little lousy..

40 minutes ago, Teekay said:

Any recommendations on best Overhead display for speed? They look cool! I'm thinking to not tamper with speedo or anything at all.

I have 

40 minutes ago, Teekay said:

Any recommendations on best Overhead display for speed? They look cool! I'm thinking to not tamper with speedo or anything at all.

So, this is what I’m using, seems to be very accurate and topped up with solar, charge it every 3 weeks or so..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194986486281

Edited by Oddcouple

15 minutes ago, Oddcouple said:

I have 

So, this is what I’m using, seems to be very accurate and topped up with solar, charge it every 3 weeks or so..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194986486281?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=yu2ki1YoSxK&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Looks good, I'll prefer one that is purely usb powered..always start and go. But great to see so many options. I didn't realise. Some expensive ones claim better/ faster / more accurate chip.

I guess this could come under accessories. Although we are now having an awning rail fitted, we did buy a magnetic driveaway strip which we had a play with and it does work. It wouldn’t hole on it’s own but pegged down it gave a really good seal and very much looked like it would do the job.

51A4FDE5-3E0B-484C-AFFC-A468DA0190B8.jpeg

586AEF72-967D-4601-993E-7A75505E38DE.jpeg

6F6CBF49-10DA-43A6-9129-C1784DE6B2F7.jpeg

23 hours ago, Teekay said:

Looks good, I'll prefer one that is purely usb powered..always start and go. But great to see so many options. I didn't realise. Some expensive ones claim better/ faster / more accurate chip.

My one…

99C1426A-508A-4874-8E1E-31C4CA8070CE.jpeg

• Like 1

looks very neat

There are ones that also project the speed on windscreen that you don't need to take eyes off the road at all..I would like to have that one! :)

Any accessories to light the footwell or below the car / doors?

Come on guys, if you really enjoy the van, I'm sure some of the stuff you did with it and feel proud of can be shared 

2 minutes ago, Oddcouple said:

I have some lovely blue lighting in both footwells and in the back, will get pics soonest!

Whoever put it in has made a bit of an effort as they are wired in with the headlights..

13 minutes ago, Oddcouple said:

Whoever put it in has made a bit of an effort as they are wired in with the headlights..

Schweet! Lucky you 😛

Need to find the best in trade person in south east who can do bits and bobs on one go. No point doing it piecemeal