Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

MEGATHREAD3 - all accessories

"silicone wheel nut cover" search in any decent seller site. These protect the alloy wheel nuts and make them look nice too(subjective!). Cheap and cheerful addition.

371E067F-1C04-40B6-B1A5-91C838D70B2D.jpeg

7 hours ago, Teekay said:

"silicone wheel nut cover" search in any decent seller site. These protect the alloy wheel nuts and make them look nice too(subjective!). Cheap and cheerful addition.

371E067F-1C04-40B6-B1A5-91C838D70B2D.jpeg

And when not in use, fill with water and pop in the freezer….

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Oddcouple said:

And when not in use, fill with water and pop in the freezer….

I used them, as you can see in obsessed about looking after the car, and these didn't fall off. I'd say they do work. Garage guys misplaced some of them. Annoying 

1 hour ago, Teekay said:

I used them, as you can see in obsessed about looking after the car, and these didn't fall off. I'd say they do work. Garage guys misplaced some of them. Annoying 

Check your garage guys car; maybe that's where he mislaid them.

• Haha 1

I've come across steering lock by argos 
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7408234

Reviews suggest it is good one and flashing red light is bonus. Not sure if the size will fit Alphard Vellfire steering wheel. Anyone using it? Looks like it is worth it.

PS: I've added link to item, there is no referral bonus in it for me 

Edited by Teekay
Clarify about link

On 6/6/2022 at 9:25 PM, Teekay said:

I'm sure there must be Bluetooth devices that broadcast in Japanese fm range, so without changing headunit, one can play stuff from mobile right away. I'll try to dig link and post.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154992719638?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2J_KU8roQiO&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=yisvlwicquk&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

1 hour ago, MonsterS said:

This will connect to our mobile via Bluetooth and transmit to headunit via UK fm frequency, which won't work for JDM.

I was initially thinking (wrongly) that I can source this device from Japan - mobile up device via Bluetooth and then broadcast in Japanese fm range.

But then I realised my mistake..we can simply pair the mobile Bluetooth with headunit by spending little time figuring some time on Japanese menu. Once it is paired, it will work and pair automatically every time.

2 hours ago, Teekay said:

This will connect to our mobile via Bluetooth and transmit to headunit via UK fm frequency, which won't work for JDM.

I was initially thinking (wrongly) that I can source this device from Japan - mobile up device via Bluetooth and then broadcast in Japanese fm range.

But then I realised my mistake.. we can simply pair the mobile Bluetooth with headunit by spending little time figuring some time on Japanese menu. Once it is paired, it will work and pair automatically every time.

I believe eightseater,blog.com carries instruction on how to operate the Bluetooth pairing; but I think it covers Gen 1 only, and only the HDD head unit.

DAB radio sound quality is really good and choice of stations is better. I think this kind of device in pic can be really good and best to leave the original headunit untouched.

F8F24B27-8427-434B-B498-A55A8984CD90.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Teekay said:

DAB radio sound quality is really good and choice of stations is better. I think this kind of device in pic can be really good and best to leave the original headunit untouched.

F8F24B27-8427-434B-B498-A55A8984CD90.jpeg

For those who may be interested.

There is a non branded item 'identical' to this that is quite a bit cheaper.

I had a Clarion set up once. It was very good indeed.

9 minutes ago, Rojie said:

For those who may be interested.

There is a non branded item 'identical' to this that is quite a bit cheaper.

I had a Clarion set up once. It was very good indeed.

I've seen pure highway being mentioned 

Clarion use to be good name 

Non branded you mentioned, can you please share the link 

9 minutes ago, Teekay said:

I've seen pure highway being mentioned 

Clarion use to be good name 

Non branded you mentioned, can you please share the link 

Hi Teekay,

I don't have a link; just a recollection from memory.

A search of Google or Ebay should throw up some alternatives.

My impression is many of our club members are retired or living in the countryside, so wild animals jumping in front of the car can be an issue. On motorways too we see roadkill far too often. Will this product make sense? Anyone can recommend them / have first hand experience?

Ultrasonic Deer & Pest Repellent For Car Anti Collision Badger Fox Dog Cat Scarer Humane Repeller Deterrent High Pitched Frequency Sound Alert

48035BBA-CC67-42D2-9EEB-7F5309E56D55.jpeg

I understand this is great for rubber bushes and other rubber components but it seems to be only sold in US. Are there equivalent uk products? Especially Autoglym must do it! Any experts!?

PS: I realise this is not accessory but been posted already..

ADFB2FB9-7C87-4D7F-905B-4DAA5BCF07FC.jpeg

Edited by Teekay
Added note