Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Heater has started blowing cold air

Got round to doing mine today. Took 4 hours. Not as supple as I used to be. The disc in Alphard actuator was worn out. Got avensis actuator and swapped them over . Nice and warm now. Big thanks to Gold star for video he posted. Will put pic of old disc on here.IMG20221024162359.thumb.jpg.deb736dcd80c056993c5d48890839585.jpg

18 minutes ago, Martyn Sweeney said:

Got round to doing mine today. Took 4 hours. Not as supple as I used to be. The disc in Alphard actuator was worn out. Got avensis actuator and swapped them over . Nice and warm now. Big thanks to Gold star for video he posted. Will put pic of old disc on here.IMG20221024162359.thumb.jpg.deb736dcd80c056993c5d48890839585.jpg

Blimey, got your monies worth out of that component!!! LOL

I think I may have the same issue.  Constantly hearing a ticking sound from the actuator.  Hot and cold temperatures do work but would have to set at approx 27 degrees with higher fan speed for the hot air to come through.  I can partially see the flap actuator at the bottom of the centre console (just by the foot brake).  Can you kindly advise the steps on how to access this and replace?

2022-03-21 15.26.13.jpg

Thanks for this Martyn. Really useful video and top marks to Gold Star.

I'm struggling to find the actual part number based on the one I already have in my 3.0 Alphard which is 063700-8590 (based on the pic)

On eBay there are plenty of Avensis ones with part numbers ending in 8580 or 8610. Was hoping to do a swap of the whole part but not sure if I specifically need 8590.

The Alphard ones (8590)are like gold dust . Couldn't find one anywhere. Was quoted £ 279 with delivery around end of November. Decided to get the Avensis one off e bay and swap the worn part over. It was from an 06 Avensis cost me 20 quid.This is it IMG20221027144605.thumb.jpg.f2d50224c823e563ed8b0cba3d0b17ed.jpg