Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

WIRRAL BUS & TRAM SHOW 2022.

Hi. If there are any Aphard/Vellfire owners who are interested in other vehicles of different types, then the WIRRAL BUS & TRAM SHOW in Birkenhead is for you.

Birkenhead was the first town in Europe with trams, or horse drawn 'Street Cars' as they were then.

Although not stated in the name, there are all sorts of other vehicles there as well, including, cars, of all sorts, military vehicles, commercial vehicles, etc. There will be all sorts of stands from bric-a-brac, 2nd-hand, model trams and trains, model cars, food stalls, etc (usually in the museum buildings).

There are usually displays/groups all the way, down either side of the Birkenhead tramway and at Wooside.

The permanent model railway 'Mostyn Junction' (ex Chester Model Railway Society layout) will be in operation, as well as several vintage trams and buses giving rides. (Trams are £2 Adults, £1 Concessions. Buses are donations only) Trams run from Shore Rd to Wirral Transport Museum at Taylor Street. Buses drive round some of the old Birkenhead, and Wallasey Corporations routes.

There is a pub opposite the museum and at Shore Rd there is Anglinas Cafe and Woodside Ferry Terminal for the famous Ferry Across the Mersey.

If enough Alph's and Vell's turn up, then a position for them may by found, otherwise we might be able to arrange a procession sometime through the day?

The event is on the 1st Sunday of October every year from 10.00am until 16.00pm (this year it's the 2nd October!)

For more details please email me John Harrison at:

jbhtrams@hotmail.com

I will be there, but not sure what I will be doing yet (Could be on a tram, bus, or in the museum. Most volunteers know me, so if you need me, as one of them?

I hope some of you turn up; it will be well worth it

• Like 1