Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Is there a minimum number of posts before Forum opens up?

mick85

Hi all, as the title says, can anyone advise if theres a minimum number of posts you have to make before the rest of the forum opens up?

I've been searching for random things at times and others say theres loads of info regarding x,y,z but then I struggle to find info at times, just wondering if maybe I cant see the full forum yet?

Apologies if it mentioned this during my sign up, I might have glossed over it, thanks.

1 hour ago, mick85 said:

Hi all, as the title says, can anyone advise if theres a minimum number of posts you have to make before the rest of the forum opens up?

I've been searching for random things at times and others say theres loads of info regarding x,y,z but then I struggle to find info at times, just wondering if maybe I cant see the full forum yet?

Apologies if it mentioned this during my sign up, I might have glossed over it, thanks.

Hi Mick,

There is no minimum of posts necessary to use the Forum.

There was a restriction on how many messages newer members could send per day (to limit spammers); but that has been increased and should not be an issue.

The Forum team is putting in a lot of effort to restructure the Forum so that it is easier to find things of particular interest.

Recently, the vehicle categories have been increased to assist getting to the 'heart of the matter'.

Be patient, use the search engine, and be inventive with the search criteria you use.

Try to read the unread content each day, you will soon get a flavour for what's what.

The Gen 2 is becoming affordable and quite popular, so the Forum knowledge base is building quickly.

What are you specifically looking for ?

• Thanks 1

Thanks Rojie, at the moment nothing too specific, I was searching up about JOBD scanners and compatibility etc, lots of discussion around the 10 models, but not so much about the 20, but as you say, theyre probably not as popular as the 10 series.

Just as an example, when i go into a sub-forum such as General Chat, the oldest post I seen was from 5th June, the Mega Thread for MPG and Garage Directory discussions were only started in May/June, so just wasnt sure if my view was restricted as I probably expected to see a lot more older posts, like under the Buy/Sell I see posts back in 2019, etc. Thanks

4 hours ago, mick85 said:

Thanks Rojie, at the moment nothing too specific, I was searching up about JOBD scanners and compatibility etc, lots of discussion around the 10 models, but not so much about the 20, but as you say, theyre probably not as popular as the 10 series.

Just as an example, when i go into a sub-forum such as General Chat, the oldest post I seen was from 5th June, the Mega Thread for MPG and Garage Directory discussions were only started in May/June, so just wasnt sure if my view was restricted as I probably expected to see a lot more older posts, like under the Buy/Sell I see posts back in 2019, etc. Thanks

There are no restrictions.

Ownership wise, there are many more Gen1 (up to 2008) than Gen 2 (from 2008).

There is a Gen 3, and a Gen 4 !

General Chat is a new addition to separate the social conversations from the more technical queries.

Threads were becoming diluted by social chit chat, so General Chat was created for the purpose.

We have some new members who are very active creating new information threads.

In the meantime The Alphard Team is working on several, imho, significant improvements.

The topics you seem to be 'landing' on are the newer topics.

Favourite topics seem to change with the wind; and can be quite 'trendy'

Gen 2 owners tend to have a different set of question s to Gen 1 owners.

I can't help you with OBD other than what you already know. Get a JOBD version.

Rest assured, you have full access.

Bon Voyage

Toyota have Techstream which is, by all accounts, very good.

• Thanks 1