Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Hybrid heath check

Local Toyota garage have told me that they can’t do a hybrid health check or work on the hybrid system due to it being an import and their computer not connecting. They’re fine with the mechanical aspects.

Does anyone know anyone in the North-East who will work on the hybrid system on an import?

Also, in the spirit of DIY, is a battery health check something I could do with a ODB2 reader or Techstream, and how would I go about it?

There was a site I came across that will do a full health check on JDM hybrids, including disassembly of the cooling blower motors to clean out dust etc.

I cannot find it at  moment in my history - I did come across the attached document detailing disassembly for the 20 series hybrid:

Hybrid Vehicle Dismantling Manual for ATH20 - Alphard HV.pdf

What does the head unit in your car look like? some diagnostics are usually hidden in service menu (hold down top row left button and flick sidelights on and off 3 times with ignition on)

techstream does have the hybrid as a selectable option, but I couldn't tell you its capability in that respect.