Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Help needed: Can anyone near Macclesfield go test drive a Vellfire for me please

justin_n

hi, 

I want to join the club but importing seems to be problematic at the moment. I found a decent Vellfire for sale in Macclesfield but I'm 200 miles away. Can someone test drive it for me please. 

thank you

I wouldn't rush to get a certain one. I live in the south of England and saw one in the north past Manchester. Thought it was the perfect one and was going to drive to see it. Then I found loads of different places online that was nearer and bought the same thing cheaper. There are a lot coming in the country because they are so popular, so just keep looking.

1 hour ago, Voodoo101 said:

I wouldn't rush to get a certain one. I live in the south of England and saw one in the north past Manchester. Thought it was the perfect one and was going to drive to see it. Then I found loads of different places online that was nearer and bought the same thing cheaper. There are a lot coming in the country because they are so popular, so just keep looking.

Try Autotrader.

Find one 'local', and take it for test drive, insurance permitting.

If it is a 'proper' dealer they will have trade plates.

Don't buy the first you see and drive, shop around a little.

Don't be surprised if they are a superb drive, they usually are.

I would advise an AA or RAC Inspection Report.

The one I commissioned was £300 and very thorough.

Drop a PM to Ledrego, he is in your area, is a member on here and a local group.

He prefers contact through youtube, Cuttothechase.

He may offer advice on where to buy.

4 minutes ago, Rojie said:

Try Autotrader.

Find one 'local', and take it for test drive, insurance permitting.

If it is a 'proper' dealer they will have trade plates.

Don't buy the first you see and drive, shop around a little.

Don't be surprised if they are a superb drive, they usually are.

I would advise an AA or RAC Inspection Report.

The one I commissioned was £300 and very thorough.

Drop a PM to Ledrego, he is in your area, is a member on here and a local group.

He prefers contact through youtube, Cuttothechase.

He may offer advice on where to buy.

The one I found ticks all boxes and has all my "nice to have" extras. I'll pm Cuttothechase.

14 minutes ago, justin_n said:

The one I found ticks all boxes and has all my "nice to have" extras. I'll pm Cuttothechase.

But it's the condition that matters.

Check for undersealing too.

The more boxes you have, and mine has all but one of them, the more there is to go wrong.

You should also be trying to locate a suitable mechanic as most Toyota dealers will to work on grey imports.

There is a ever growing Megathread on the Forum that identifies servicing locations.

Another thing you have to think about is warranty. It's no good if you have a problem and then have to go to the dealer to get the problem solved. Some smaller dealers have garages that do the work for them.

Believe me, there will be another one that ticks all the boxes. These are being imported all the time. Just look on Autotrader, Ebay, RAC, Parkers. They always have them listed and normally dealers will have loads to choose from. 

I don't know if anybody would test drive the van for you. First you don't know how qualified they are to check the van over. Secondly what happens if they test drive it and all seems well, then a week later you find they have missed something. Who is to blame? If you really want it then contact the RAC or AA, pay the money and let them to check. If all is OK, then you get it. Or better still, unless you are really desperate, or like my kids who can't wait for Christmas day to open presents, wait till you find one local.

I drove an hour and half for mine, twice. Once to test drive and once to buy. It was only because the three local places I checked on was selling old vans with things wrong with them at the same price and mine was a real bargain, then the following week another car came local. A little bit more expensive but may have come down.

Where do you live. Maybe people on here can help you find a local deal.