Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Daily Driver

Hi All

I am going to visit Wellhouse Leisure next week with a view to buy an Alphard Campervan.

I intend to use this as my daily driver as well as a camper.

Annual mileage circa 6k.

Does anyone have any experience of this, and care to share their experiences.

Regards

Eddie

2 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

Hi All

I am going to visit Wellhouse Leisure next week with a view to buy an Alphard Campervan.

I intend to use this as my daily driver as well as a camper.

Annual mileage circa 6k.

Does anyone have any experience of this, and care to share their experiences.

Regards

Eddie

Do you expect to prefer a side or rear conversion variant ?

• 4 weeks later...

We use ours as a daily driver and it's fine. We have a side conversion and sometimes we miss having a proper boot. Putting groceries on the floor in the back can end up with stuff everywhere.

Also, as with any long car, parking can be a bit of an issue, especially reverse parking where you have to start from a lot further forward than you might imagine.

We are picking ours up from Wellhouse Leisure in March 23. The main criteria for us buying an Alphard is that it can be used as a daily driver (and looks better than a VW of course) Although slightly longer than your average car we are having rear camera and front and rear sensors just in case!

12 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

We are picking ours up from Wellhouse Leisure in March 23. The main criteria for us buying an Alphard is that it can be used as a daily driver (and looks better than a VW of course) Although slightly longer than your average car we are having rear camera and front and rear sensors just in case!

I have camera and sensors and I love the huge door mirrors (the inside one is not very effective) and can park OK using all of these. It is different to a small car (we had a Hyundai i20 before) but you'll soon get used to it. :)

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Hi Woodsy,

Your Alphie may have rear sensors already, many have.

They are known a Sonors, Clearance and Back sonors, and the indication is in the air con bezel.

They can be turned off, and the sensitivity can be changed.

Hi Rojie

thanks for the info, much appreciated. Our Alphie does indeed have the sensors and the camera factory fitted in Japan. We are going to have the radio swapped out though for a Wellhouse Sony which has sat nav and camera with it.

Hi Chajoma,

Thanks for sharing your experience, all good stuff. It’s got to be better than our ancient VW camper we had 10 yrs ago as it had the handling of a canal boat and spent a lot of its time in the garage!

• Haha 1