Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

fitting a welcab seat

Hi folks, I have just purchased my first Alphard I believe it to be a MZG version 2004, one of the reason for purchasing was the fact the welcab seat is designed to fit in place to the nearside second row of seats, I have the seat and am trying to install it, I have removed the seat and the runner on one side but cant see how to get the seat runner out of the track on the middle track, has anyone fitted a welcab and if so please tell me how to go about it, I have watched so many videos but am no wiser I think I may need to remove the entire carpet to remove the tracks to extract the runners, but that seems like a huge job, help!!

Andrew

1 hour ago, andrew sparks said:

Hi folks, I have just purchased my first Alphard I believe it to be a MZG version 2004, one of the reason for purchasing was the fact the welcab seat is designed to fit in place to the nearside second row of seats, I have the seat and am trying to install it, I have removed the seat and the runner on one side but cant see how to get the seat runner out of the track on the middle track, has anyone fitted a welcab and if so please tell me how to go about it, I have watched so many videos but am no wiser I think I may need to remove the entire carpet to remove the tracks to extract the runners, but that seems like a huge job, help!!

Andrew

My guess is, and it is a guess, you will need to remove the seat track(s).

I have never done it, but, I assume it is not a huge job.

Check the seat rail spacings carefully.

Most converter companies remove the seat rails, perhaps it is worth contacting one of them regarding how easy, or difficult, it is.