Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

100v accesories

Alunj

• 1 month later...

I picked up a 110v induction hob from the states when I was over there which works great off the 100v inverter.

When things pick up again and I can get back onto the conversion, I'm planning to get a 2 ring induction hob from Japan via amazon and fit that rather than a gas hob.

Just be aware the inverter has a 1500w limit so you can't chuck in your usual 2.2Kw induction hob (what the US hobs are mostly) - Japan seems to have a wide selection of <1500w 2 ring induction hobs.

I'm told US/Japan microwaves are also a good choice

Edited by timmers_uk

• 1 year later...

My Alphard (2007, G, hybrid) from Ecocampers came with induction hob and 600w microwave. Engine needs to be in “READY” and 100v button pressed and they work fine. Good to have lazy microwave meals option at the end of an entire day of intense leasure. Don’t yet know if they can be used at same time. When in use the petrol engine starts and stops as the battery charge requires it. Does anyone know which battery this power is coming from? 

• 3 months later...
On 3/30/2020 at 9:53 AM, MonsterS said:

Most things with a charger. I cut the module out and installed USB chargers in their place.

Did you removed the 100v AC converter ? If yes, can you tell me where it is located ? Thanks !

Hi, it is under the middle box between passenger and driver seat.  I unplugged it and then found the + and - wires and connected the USB sockets to it. This way it only powers on when I hit the button.

I left the converter in the space. but make sure you solder the wires and use heat shrink wraps on it then cable tape. (the fabric type) to stop rubbing on the metal housing.

3 hours ago, MonsterS said:

Hi, it is under the middle box between passenger and driver seat.  I unplugged it and then found the + and - wires and connected the USB sockets to it. This way it only powers on when I hit the button.

I left the converter in the space. but make sure you solder the wires and use heat shrink wraps on it then cable tape. (the fabric type) to stop rubbing on the metal housing.

Thanks for your answer. I was going to remove the dashboard, so if it's only under the console box, it'll be very very much easier.

I'll check this later. Thanks again !

2 hours ago, Rojie said:

Not even the console between the seats (not in front of the seats) ?

No.

But I finally found the information after some research with the Alphard 1st gen inverter assy part number. It seems to be under the driver's seat (RHD version)

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/8621058030 part 86210A .

Will have to unmount the front seat to access it, it seems.

Bonjour !

Looking, very carefully, at that EPC drawing you have supplied I would say the unit is on the centre line of the vehicle.

Presumably, if it is under the drivers seat, it will be very easy to see it in situ.

I don't have a Vellfire, or any second evolution model, so I can't check.

Where are the output sockets to connect an appliance to the 100V inverter system ?

On the earlier models they are behind the console between the front seats (if there is one on your vehicle).

What is your model number eg, ATH10, or whatever ?

21 hours ago, Rojie said:

Bonjour !

Looking, very carefully, at that EPC drawing you have supplied I would say the unit is on the centre line of the vehicle.

Presumably, if it is under the drivers seat, it will be very easy to see it in situ.

I don't have a Vellfire, or any second evolution model, so I can't check.

Where are the output sockets to connect an appliance to the 100V inverter system ?

On the earlier models they are behind the console between the front seats (if there is one on your vehicle).

What is your model number eg, ATH10, or whatever ?

Bonsoir ;)

I finally found the converter. It is really under the driver's seat. As I don't have an Alphard I'll not pollute this topic, but in the Vellfire section there's one similar, so I'll post in it !

• 5 months later...
On 7/20/2021 at 9:02 AM, Garelius said:

Engine needs to be in “READY” and 100v button pressed and they work fine.

am I correct in thinking that the engine must be running to operate a 600W microwave?

34 minutes ago, AlphaMZ said:

am I correct in thinking that the engine must be running to operate a 600W microwave?

No, but if the engine isn't running you could soon run your main battery down.

The outlet is intended to power (Japanese) entertainment devices whilst on the move.

2 hours ago, AlphaMZ said:

just as I'd thought, so best to run for a few minutes or more!

Which inverter are we referring to ? 1500 watts is referring to Hybrid machines.

The 100V inverter in the Gen 1 Alphie V6 is rated at 100 watts.

Trying to draw more than 100 watts, ie. 8A will trip the circuit.

AlphaMZ please note.

Microwave ovens are very quick, but also very inefficient; often about 50 per cent.

The magnetron also has quite a surge of current on start up.

So don't be surprised if your 600 watt microwave (Kettle or Toaster) takes well over a kilowatt !

So how many kilowatts are they in a 65 Ah battery ?

If watts equals amps times volts, 600 watts is 50 A from a 12V source! At 100 per cent efficiency !!

As lead acid batteries should not be over discharged; you can envisage the problem. 

Now if you have a leisure battery, say 110Ah, things become a little more manageable.

Low power kettles and microwaves are available, but can be rather slow to function.

If we are talking Hybrid machines, that have the READY button that is a different matter.

230v hookup (or Shorepower as I call it) or gas is the way to go ! 

If you are on shorepower you should have about 16A to play with; so no problem.!

Good Luck

2 hours ago, AlphaMZ said:

If we are talking Hybrid machines, that is a different matter.

If you are on shorepower you should have about 16A to play with; so no problem.!

Good Luck

Edited by Rojie
Corrections and Typos

10 minutes ago, Rojie said:

Which inverter are we referring to ?

The 100V inverter in the Gen 1 Alphie V6 is rated at 100 watts.

Trying to draw more than 100 watts, ie. 8A will trip the circuit.

AlphaMZ please note.

Microwave ovens are very quick, but also very inefficient; often about 50 per cent.

The magnetron also has quite a surge of current on start up.

So don't be surprised if your 600 watt microwave (Kettle or Toaster) takes well over a kilowatt !

So how many kilowatts are they in a 65 Ah battery ?

If watts equals amps times volts, 600 watts is 50 A ! At 100 per cent efficiency !!

As lead acid batteries should not be over discharged; you can envisage the problem.

Now if you have a leisure battery, say 110Ah, things become a little more manageable.

Low power kettles and microwaves are available, but can be rather slow to function.

If we are talking Hybrid machines, that have the READY button that is a different matter.

Good Luck

I have no idea what the output from the 240V Hybrid inverter is.

Edited by Rojie
More Typos !