Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

European Breakdown Cover max 60days!

Hi all,

I'm insured with Adrian Flux

When taking out the policy I questioned how long European breakdown cover was and they confirmed 60days and that's their maximum (I tried to increase it!)

My first European trip was for nearly 90days (Schengen rules)

Luckily my insurance was up for renewal 60days into my trip so would just use my new policy for the remaining 30days

(I'm not sure if I would've had trouble if I'd needed to claim but technically I was covered)

My next trip is coming up and again I want to be away for 90days but this time I'll only be covered for the 60days

Has anyone else had this problem? any suggestions on cheap breakdown cover (that know what an Alphard camper is) for the last 30days? 

Thanks for any replies

Alex

Hi Alex

Not sure if the first trip would have been covered and knowing insurance co's they will wiggle out of anything, they would have taken that opportunity.

Only way is to get 2 ferry tickets one being 6 weeks after. Find a cheap 3am one. No one knows (apart from us here) lol

Hello Alex,

I travelled to Spain and back frequently for 15 years however not in my camper.

At the time I took insurance from Saga.

They were the only company that offered motor insurance for multiple visits, each of unlimited duration.

The only condition was that my permanent residence was in the UK.

Whether they offer it now, I don't know, as that time the UK was part of the EU !

13 hours ago, Rojie said:

Hello Alex,

I travelled to Spain and back frequently for 15 years however not in my camper.

At the time I took insurance from Saga.

They were the only company that offered motor insurance for multiple visits, each of unlimited duration.

The only condition was that my permanent residence was in the UK.

Whether they offer it now, I don't know, as that time the UK was part of the EU !

Makes sense that saga offer this as there will be lots of expats or home owners in spain. Now all depends if Alex is over 50?

15 hours ago, Alphard Club said:

Hi Alex

Not sure if the first trip would have been covered and knowing insurance co's they will wiggle out of anything, they would have taken that opportunity.

Only way is to get 2 ferry tickets one being 6 weeks after. Find a cheap 3am one. No one knows (apart from us here) lol

Great idea thanks! 

44 minutes ago, Alphard Club said:

Makes sense that saga offer this as there will be lots of expats or home owners in spain. Now all depends if Alex is over 50?

Ah no I'm not quite Saga age yet

• Like 2

Just a little short story to add.

As I mentioned, I frequently travelled back and forth to the Costa Blanca.

Santander to Madrid, then Alicante. Easy ! And back, easy !

10 hour journeyeach way; which always took me longer, plus an overnight stay in Madrid.

I ALWAYS worried about breaking down in the middle of nowhere !

Believe me, there is a lot of nowhere.

To the point, please ensure your insurance will cover all costs to repatriate you to your home.

I never had an issue; but my friend did.

His experience, in detail, is a very long sad story; but, suffice to say, it cost him thousands.

• Sad 1