Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Dashboard Illumination

Hi Guys

I have a 2008 Old shape 2,.4 Alphard

I recently changed the head unit and now have lost the dashboard lights e.g. ( at night I cant see the heater controls or any other button)  but speedometer is ok.

I think its a fuse I have to changed. I have found out the are 3 location where fuses are located on this model. But I don't  know exactly where the actual fuse is located.

Can anyone help?

Passenger side fuse box, No.14/10Amp labelled as Panel, switch illumination, air conditioner illumination. If the speedo lights are working then it is more than likely you have not fitted one of the connectors on the back of the headunit

Hi I have the same problem I think ,cannot see heat adjustment, or mode button etc,will be interested in what you come up with,I have just taken console off everything is connected, recirculation switch aircon button etc lights work ,there are some cross head screws holding back on unit ,only small I will look inside in a day or two to see if any bulbs or anything need replacing, have a feeling it may be a resolder or cracked unit ,we will see

• Like 1

Just to catch up ,had a look today everything is connected at back ,took console apart were all buttons are ,removed back and front of screen were buttons are ,there are 3 bulbs for screen, 7 further bulbs for lighting up buttons and some fixed none removable ones for air conditioning recirculation etc,removed the 7 small bulbs but so small and have green coating on them so can't see if they have blown,have looked on ebay and found some from Toyota you could order from them but are £9 a piece,found some more £27 for 7 but not from Toyota, going to take a chance on those and hope they fit they do look like they should, I didn't check my bulbs as not got equipment to do so,I'm going to guess that removing centre dash without removing car battery may ? Have given some kind of power surge,here are some picks of inside unit ,have pointed out bulbs with a screw driver,don't touch printed circuit wear gloves

20221103_133749.jpg

20221103_131955.jpg

20221103_131922.jpg

20221103_131933.jpg

• Like 1

Update on dash lights, have checked 2 fuses for unit and not blown located in engine compartment in large fuse box names for fuses located inside lid,managed to check bulbs  7 bulbs- t4.2 bulbs for switches all blown, 3 bulbs-t4.7 for screen are OK and light up but will replace anyway will update once arrived and fitted.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 8:15 PM, Mickw said:

Update on dash lights, have checked 2 fuses for unit and not blown located in engine compartment in large fuse box names for fuses located inside lid,managed to check bulbs  7 bulbs- t4.2 bulbs for switches all blown, 3 bulbs-t4.7 for screen are OK and light up but will replace anyway will update once arrived and fitted.

Fitted all new bulbs now illuminated again