Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Alphard Hybrid 2014 rattle from center console.

Hello there fellow Alphardians!
My Alphard has recently started to rattle from what sounds like the center console, it slowly got louder and is now quite irritating to say the least.
I have checked all the cuppy holes and otherwise to check for lose items, etc but to no avail. It really sounds like the rattle is coming from inside the center console.

Is this a common issue? Just wondering if anyone has seen this before and can save me from pulling everything apart 😆

I took a small video of the issue, here is a link to it:
https://mega.nz/file/MIFi3DoK#E5xPdLBNfVOLGensS2XvL5foH6OyK6ytupcOadt3Ta4

Many thanks!
Ryan

15 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Hello there fellow Alphardians!
My Alphard has recently started to rattle from what sounds like the center console, it slowly got louder and is now quite irritating to say the least.
I have checked all the cuppy holes and otherwise to check for lose items, etc but to no avail. It really sounds like the rattle is coming from inside the center console.

Is this a common issue? Just wondering if anyone has seen this before and can save me from pulling everything apart 😆

I took a small video of the issue, here is a link to it:
https://mega.nz/file/MIFi3DoK#E5xPdLBNfVOLGensS2XvL5foH6OyK6ytupcOadt3Ta4

Many thanks!
Ryan

Hello Ryan,

Welcome to the best Forum for Alphardians.

I love that colour display.

I wish mine was as clear, colourful, and bright as that.

Fantastic.

Is it the original unit ?

I ask because if not, I would suspect something has not been reconnected properly when it was replaced.

Have you checked the obvious coins and bits of crap knocking around in the various cubby holes/ashtray etc?

Try emptying it all out to see if it makes a difference....

Also try the plastic fascia on the OUTSIDE of the car between the bonnnet and the body(underneath the wipers)