Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

EML light

Persistent EML light comes on20201106_155328.thumb.jpg.294ed29e4c860fabfecce6a7770893d8.jpg and my JOBD reader said it was fault code P0174 fuel trim to lean (bank 2). My supplying dealer insisted it was the rear lambda sensor and sent one out to me, today it was fitted locally and within 10 miles the EML came on again and fault code was the same one. Anybody got any other suggestions? 

• 4 months later...

On a 3.0 litre, maybe Bank 2 refers to the front bank ( I don't know for sure but it's a possibility ) . There is an O2 sensor on both front and rear manifolds. Best practice says change both at the same time even if one is ok.

• 1 year later...

Afternoon Colin, just checking on past postings regards EML. Did you ever get this problem sorted, as I have the same problem and looking for possible problem solutions. Thanks Barry

Hi,

I took it back last July to the supplier and they replaced the Mass Air Flow sensor for me, ever since then its been fine.

• 1 month later...

I know thread old now but I was having same problem p0174 and p0171 I changed maff sensor aftermarket this made it worse I was told by the garage I bought alphard off never put aftermarket maff sensors on so I purchased a genuine one from toyota cost £107.00 all in with shipping if you buy direct from toyota UK you will pay £185.00 + vat so a big saving if you want to know where I got it from pm me. By the way both codes relate to same fault maff sensor mine all sorted now. 

• Like 1

You will also find that the rear sensor will more than likely play up if the vehicle has LPG. Been there. Needs a mechanic with arms to get right up from under the car. Mechanic i had stuck his up up there even with the car still hard.. hard as nails that bloke.

Just to let you know that I purchased a new MAF module and installed this the following weekend. Drove it to work the next day, a round trip of 50 miles and evreything has been good. Clocked up another 2000 miles since replacing the MAF and all is good. Changing the MAF was easy as long as no one has damaged the two small screws holding it in location. Thanks Gruf