Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Exhaust system

Hi guys just wondering if anyone can help me source a back box for my Alphard? Can't seem to find one anywhere online. It's the 2.4 petrol 2008. Or does anyone know another exhaust system that fits it? Appreciate any help thanks 

Don't bother trying to sorce one,go have a stainless one made up,from cat back ,will out live you and have a lifetime guarantee, otherwise contact jap autos, near Birmingham I think ,but will come up on a search, it cost me about £450 for my last 2.8 petrol car ,but they let gasses out quicker ,my car did more to the gallon afterwards, hope this helps 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Alasdair said:

Where do you get these stainless boxes made?

Search for Longlife Exhausts or Powerflo, TIP; as you have the 2.4L you will probably have an extra cat fitted on the mid pipe, this was fitted in japan to conform with the cold start emissions test, it can be done away with as our mot does not do a cold test, So get a system fitted from the main cat back, which is part of the exhaust manifold

2 minutes ago, dezufo said:

Search for Longlife Exhausts or Powerflo, TIP; as you have the 2.4L you will probably have an extra cat fitted on the mid pipe, this was fitted in japan to conform with the cold start emissions test, it can be done away with as our mot does not do a cold test, So get a system fitted from the main cat back, which is part of the exhaust manifold

Thanks Pete, I've been in contact with a company called Powerflo in Edinburgh so less than an hour away from me which is great. Really appreciate the tip and will opt for getting rid of the extra cat as suggested.

3 minutes ago, Alasdair said:

Thanks Pete, I've been in contact with a company called Powerflo in Edinburgh so less than an hour away from me which is great. Really appreciate the tip and will opt for getting rid of the extra cat as suggested.

Very handy that they are that close, they are part of the same group as Longlife,  you will find you can choose the "sound" and the type of exhaust tip, I got a "sporty sound" and an oval tip on my 3.0L

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dezufo said:

Very handy that they are that close, they are part of the same group as Longlife,  you will find you can choose the "sound" and the type of exhaust tip, I got a "sporty sound" and an oval tip on my 3.0L

I'm really pleased you've guided me down this route because I hadn't even considered this as part of the ownership of and Alphard......I've just been researching a better exhaust system for my motorbike....never for a min considered i would be doing similar for the van as well.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...