Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Cam belt replacement surrey

if it is the 3L then it's a belt the 2.4 has a chain.

The belt is really easy and any garage can do it. It's the same engine as the Lexus rx300 and very easy to do. driver side wheel comes off then the cover showing the pulleys and the top cover comes off. 

Any garage can do this it is not a special job.  Make sure you get the water pump changed at the same time and don't let them fob you off with it does not need doing as it does when cam belt is changed.

• 4 weeks later...

I contacted Paul at Toyotatech in Guildford about doing mine - he hadn't done one before but was happy to have a go and at least knows his way around the engine. I am sure other garages can do it, but my experience was they are a bit unsure as you have to tell them what engine it is and they don't know how long it will take. I ended up saying it's a Previa with an RX300 engine!

• Thanks 1