Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

IKEA Mattress Topper

Are you talking about a topper to go over a R&R bed? We used to use a Dunelm 50.0 mm thick mattress topper over our R&R bed then we purchased a self inflatable camping type topper, much better than any kind of semi-permanent mattress topper (but not without its flaws getting it to roll up when not in use)😁

• Like 1

Hi Larry - We are getting an 8 seater converted to a 7 seat day van so the seats fold flat to create the sleeping area. Due to pick  the van up next Saturday and have a weekend away booked for the 15th-16th April. Just wanting to have something to go on top of the seats and already have the topper. Inflatable sounds like a good idea as it folds away smaller too so will give that serious thought.

8.jpg

2 hours ago, Alasdair said:

Hi Larry - We are getting an 8 seater converted to a 7 seat day van so the seats fold flat to create the sleeping area. Due to pick  the van up next Saturday and have a weekend away booked for the 15th-16th April. Just wanting to have something to go on top of the seats and already have the topper. Inflatable sounds like a good idea as it folds away smaller too so will give that serious thought.

8.jpg

Hi Alasdair,

From the plan above, your bed looks very narrow. 

Great for one, rather tight for two !

Is that a kitchen sink / hob behind the passenger seat ?

I ask as they are normally fitted behind the driver's seat.

That way, ingress and egress is to the safer nearside !

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rojie said:

Hi Alasdair,

From the plan above, your bed looks very narrow. 

Great for one, rather tight for two !

Is that a kitchen sink / hob behind the passenger seat ?

I ask as they are normally fitted behind the driver's seat.

That way, ingress and egress is to the safer nearside !

Hi Roger,

The plan is not very much to scale and the bed width should be ok for the 2 of us. The sink and hob unit is behind the passenger seat but it's a small unit with the sink and hob actually under the one cover. Ingress and egress is still possible past the unit as well. As I have rather long legs too I'm happier to have the unit on the other side as the Alphard we took for a test had the unit behind the driver and i felt the space was a bit lacking for the length of legs that I have 😁

We had a bespoke Duvalay mattress topper made for our r’n’r bed. This is a perfect fit, extremely comfortable, and stores away neatly. I’d recommend this for the long term, once you’ve got the dimensions etc of the sleeping area.

• Thanks 1