Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Beginners Guide?

Hi there,
Been looking reasonably seriously at either buying, or importing, an Alphard.
Is there a beginners guide anywhere that you could point me to?
I've worked out that I can buy one from a 'garage' that has been converted to Uk spec, OR buy a direct import from somewhere like Algys (which is Uk registered) for a couple of £k less.
What needs to be done to the Algy type import to bring it up to UK standard?
Please feel free to answer at length, but I'm assuming there's a guide somewhere that you can link me to.
TIA. Steve

If you use Algys they do everything for you, car is registered and ready for UK (apart of TAX and undersealing - you can always ask them to get it done for you).

https://www.algysautos.com/import-scheme-import-any-car-into-the-uk-from-japan 

If you decide to import directly from Japan yourself, for UK spec you will need to convert the speedo to mph, fit rear fog light, MOT, register to DVLA and apply TAX.... +underseal for your own peace of mind. For Alphard less than 10years old you will also need to get IVA test done. 

2 hours ago, nov said:

If you use Algys they do everything for you, car is registered and ready for UK (apart of TAX and undersealing - you can always ask them to get it done for you).

https://www.algysautos.com/import-scheme-import-any-car-into-the-uk-from-japan 

If you decide to import directly from Japan yourself, for UK spec you will need to convert the speedo to mph, fit rear fog light, MOT, register to DVLA and apply TAX.... +underseal for your own peace of mind. For Alphard less than 10years old you will also need to get IVA test done. 

Thanks for that @nov, I thought there might be more than that needed.
Looks like apart from a UK radio I'm good to go with very little effort.